Explorer 11 Unsupported Browser for Presenter 2013

Feb 05, 2015

I am using Studio 2013 with Office 2013 with Windows 7 and Explorer Browser 11. I was seeking to publish a presentation with multiple engages and one quiz in order to subsequently ftp to our LMS. I get a normal publishing process for the most part. I am not getting a message indicating the the presentation was successfully published. When I check the directory where the file should be published, I find that files have been delivered to the directory. When I access the presentation (clicking the Explorer icon, "presentation"),  it's telling me that my browser is not supported by the HTML player. When I seek to view it using the standard flash player, it indicates the page cannot be displayed. I have attached some screen shots of what I am looking at just before publishing and afterwards. Any insight that would help me would be appreciated. I suspect there is a publishing setting I am missing, but this has not happended with other programs I have published. Thanks.

7 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Bill!

Based on the image that you've shared here, it appears that you are viewing the published content locally.

You have selected to publish to LMS, so be sure to upload to your LMS and access the content as your learner would.

If you view published Articulate Presenter content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To test your content and share it with others, you'll need to upload it to the environment for which it was published. Here's how.

Bill  Homovec

Leslie,

Please re-read the request, then look at the old attachment as well as the new attachment.

When going through the publishing process, you typically get to the screen shown in the new attached "Son of Screen Shots" attachment, indicating that the presentation was successfully published. From that screen, you then can either preview the presentation (which I was trying to do) or you can ftp the presentation to the LMS. I view it locally first, because if it doesn't run right locally, then it likely won't run right in the LMS, and I have something to fix before ftping it to the LMS.

With the presentation I am trying to publish, I cannot get to the new screen shot in the attachment, and therefore can I cannot preview the presentation either locally or in the LMS.

When Presenter publishes a presentation, it creates a flash file and other items in the Published Programs folder. I was seeking to access the files in that folder to determine if publishing was going on without Articulate generating the message in the screen referenced earlier. Based on the file name associated the flash file with the Explorer icon, it appears that something is going on when I seek to publish, but it's generating a flash file that isn't supported by my brower.

My issue is that Presenter 2013 is not getting me to the screen in the Son of Screen Shots attachment.

Can you help?

Thanks. - BIll

Bill  Homovec

I have now successfully published the course locally.

The problem is the default setting that Presenter is set to deliver when publishing a presentation to a LMS.

See the first screen shot in the "Screen Shot" attachment for these settings.

Unclicking "Include HTML5 Output" and then publishing the presentation allows the process to procede, and it enables the screen in "Son of Screen Shots" attachment to appear for either local preview or ftping of the presentation to the LMS.

Thanks for the assistance.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.