Flash Player 25.0.0.127

Mar 24, 2017

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this issue.

We are developing content using Articulate 09 and there appears to be an issue with the new Flash Player (25.0.0.127). Anytime we have a step with video content and the user clicks forward the audio from the previous step keeps playing.

10 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Dave.  So it sounds like the audio track from the video keeps playing when you navigate to the next step -- do you have an Engage interaction in your presentation?  And in which browser are you seeing this behavior?

To make sure you get the quickest help from our team as the week winds down, I'd recommend submitting a support case and attaching your project files along with your answers to the above questions.  Our Tier 1 support is available 24/7, and Tier 2 will be available until 10 PM EST this evening.  We'll be happy to help you out!

Dawn DeVillers

I am having the same issue. We have developed 100s of courses using articualte pro studio 09, just recently all of our courses using media tour engage template will not stop playing. we have either an flv or mp4 in the media tour, once published and tested, when you click on the engage media tour slide and click to another the engage slide does not stop playing as the next slide plays, if i go back to engage slide it starts over but the previous play is still playing. 

I have attached a published course. Please let me know what the fix is for this. My client is freaking out. it happens on all browsers locally and on our LMS. 

thanks

dawn

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Dawn,

I checked in on your case this morning, and it looks like we've reported an issue in Studio '09 where audio on an Engage slide overlaps a Presenter slide when the Engage slide properties are set to Allow user to leave interaction: Anytime.

Rowie added your experience to the report, and we'll let you know as soon as we get an update. 

For now, you can set the Engage slide properties to Allow user to leave interaction: After viewing all the steps. 

Crystal Horn

Hi Dawn- thanks for the update on your settings.  

Do you let the steps play all the way through, or do you scrub the timeline to the end to advance to the next slides?

I'm trying to nail down some further detail if that workaround (setting the interaction to Allow user to leave interaction: After viewing all the steps)  is not working as we had previously seen.

I'm sorry that there isn't a fix yet.  I know this is frustrating for you and your client.

I'm going to make a note on your case with Rowie that the workaround is not resolving the issue.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.