Font issues_ space and clarity in Studio 360

May 18, 2017

1. After upgrading to Studio (Presenter 360) the font looks fine when I'm working on it, but spreads out when in Preview. (first two rows in attachment)

2. Also, I am trying to find a font that doesn't look all squished in Studio. I've tried about 10 different ones, and they all seem squishy. Any thoughts?

(last row in attachment)

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Julie--thanks for the screenshots!

We've encountered a similar issue, and we found the problem to be with Microsoft Office. The character spacing for Office was not working properly; specifically, the Tight and Normal spacing were switched. Try using Tight spacing, then preview the slides. Let me know if that helps any! Here's a screen recording that demonstrates how to do that. 

Paul Oliver

HI, So I've been looking all over for the fix for this and this does seem to work however it leaves a little to be desired. I followed the instructions that Alyssa showed us and was able to make it look like normal text by clicking on the Character Spacing drop down arrow, click more spacing, change the By to 0.1 pt so it will be expanded by 0.1 pt. This adds just point one to the spacing and is really hard to notice and fixes the problem just like changing it to tight spacing. Thanks for the help!

Leslie McKerchie

Great news!  Another update for Articulate 360 is now available.  It includes a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is:  

Character spacing was inconsistent when previewing and publishing on computers with DPI settings over 100%.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.