Hyperlink not working when published

Jan 05, 2016

Is there a problem with long hyperlinks and Articulate Presenter 2013? 

I have a PowerPoint that has a hyperlink in it.    In PowerPoint, it will open the document.   When I publish or preview -the link does nothing.

The link is 95 characters long - not sure if that is an issue.  (Another hyperlink in the same PowerPoint does work.  There is also a difference of one goes to a page, the other (the one I am having trouble with) - opens a PDF).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !

Suzanne

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Suzanne!

Hyperlinks may not work as expected when previewing. To test hyperlinks, publish your presentation and upload it to a web server or LMS. Otherwise, local security restrictions may prevent your hyperlinks from working properly. I know you mentioned publishing, so please be sure you are uploading and viewing the contents as your learner would.

Hyperlinks in PowerPoint will be published in Articulate Presenter. However, not all hyperlink options are supported. See this article for details.

Would you be able to share your Articulate Package for us to take a look if this does not assist?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.