Hyperlinks not working

Jul 18, 2012

I have given some 12 hyperlinks in a slide which takes the user to respectives slides in the same ppt. the hyperlinks work fine in the ppt and the preview of the articulate but when i publish only half of them work and also take us to wrong slides. Also another issue is that I've branched some of the slides to different slides in slide properties but still the course after publishing takes the user to immediate slides when clicked on next button. Please help.

11 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Harish!

Hyperlinks you include in PowerPoint will be respected in your published output. However, not all hyperlink options are supported in Presenter. Please see this article for more info. 

Also, be sure to test your content in its intended environment: Web server, LMS, Articulate Online, or CD. If you are testing your content locally, publish for CD. Testing hyperlinks in Preview is not supported. You will need to Publish your presentation for proper testing, but it sounds like you're already doing that. So if you have further trouble, please feel free to contact our support team. Thanks!

Michaela Klingspor

Peter,

I inserted hyperlinks to web pages in the ppt-slides as well as in engage interactions. When I publish, the links work all well under Windows XP - but they do not work under Windows7 - why is that and what do I have to do to fix this issue?

The published output has not lost or changed the link (at least I can copy it into the address bar) - but it seems that it simply does not open the corresponding web page.

Any advice on that?

Michaela Klingspor

Thanks for your answers, I have escalated it to our IT helpdesk.

However, the other strange thing is that when I preview a slide that contains a hyperlink during production, the link works fine and opens in a new window. But when I publish it doesn't - any suggestions on that behaviour?

What does Articulate do with the links when presentations are being published?

Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Jason!

If you've included the hyperlinks in the tab properly, then it's most likely a browser security issue preventing them from opening once the course is published. To properly test a hyperlink, you should publish your content and upload your content to the environment you published for (web, LMS, Articulate Online, etc.). 

Or, if you're able, we'd be happy to take a look at your project files and try to replicate the behavior to help determine if there might be something else going on. 

Thanks, and welcome again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.