Narration issue

Aug 04, 2020

Hi, 

When I try to preview a module with narration recorded in PowerPoint, I get the pop up saying "Importing PowerPoint narration",  but when I preview the module, the narration has disappeared. I tried publishing to Review 360 as a test- same issue. The narration works fine when I view the module in PowerPoint slideshow. Please help - I have 9 of these to be published for LMS.

Thanks!

Sue

9 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Charles,

Thanks for sharing your file! Presenter 360 doesn't support audio that was recorded in Powerpoint. You'll need to record or import audio in Presenter instead. 

It looks like you already have audio in your Powerpoint file, so feel free to take a look at the article below on how to extract the audio from your Powerpoint, then re-import into Presenter.

CHARLES BEAVER

Sue-
Check the link below. I was able to extract the narrations that I had already recorded in PowerPoint and insert them into Presenter using this procedure.

PowerPoint Audio Isn't Supported in Presenter 360

Charles Beaver|Training
Boston
7 Viking Rd.
Webster, MA
413-283-5353, Ext. 3106 | 413-209-1326
cbeaver@jfpetrogroup.com | www.jfpetrogroup.com
SALES: 1-877-249-7175

SERVICE: 1-800-286-4133

The information contained in this electronic message is legally privileged and confidential under applicable law and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify JF Petroleum Group at (919) 838-7555 or by return e-mail to office@jfpetrogroup.com, and purge the communication immediately without making any copy or distribution.

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Sue!

Thanks for writing in, and a great move to open a support case!

I'm glad to see that you successfully extracted your media files through Windows. I also see that Ronaziel filed a feature idea for PowerPoint narration support in Studio 360.

Let us know if any more questions pop up. We're happy to help!