Run-Time Error 453

Apr 02, 2019

Trying to run Presenter in Powerpoint. Open a new powerpoint presentation. Save the presentation as per prompt received when trying to click on insert icon.  Once save receive a Microsoft Visual Basic: Run Time Error '453'.  Can't find DLL entry Point FindWindowA in user32

Steps taken already:

Uninstalled articulate 360 including presenter

Uninstalled Office 365

Reinstalled 360 including presenter

Reinstalled office 365

Reinstalled .Net Framework 

Reinstalled Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime

Still getting the error.  

10 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Richard. I'm sorry you're seeing this error with Studio 360 installed. If you have already repaired Studio 360, let's have a closer look. Can you send your Articulate 360 logs to us for review? Here's how to prepare them. Once they're ready, just use the Add Attachment button here after a brief description.

Thank you!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Julie,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into an issue as well.

I took a look and it does not look like we heard back from Mike and I do not see a support case for Richard, so I have no additional information to share with you on those instances above.

I do see that you reached out to our support team and it looks like Rowie is taking a look at the log files sent over the weekend. You should be hearing back from him soon.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Clinton and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thank you for contacting us to share that you're needing assistance with a similar issue.

I was able to take a look at the cases we worked on with the other users and all seem system-specific, so I do not have a general solution to share.

I have opened up a support case on your behalf so that you can work 1:1 with one of our support engineers. 

You should be hearing from someone soon.

Gabriel García

I also had the same problem.

A previous comment that indicates that it was the antivirus that caused the error makes sense to me. But on the other hand, I was about to think that it was the network through the company's VPN, since I am in Teleworking.

My solution was to install it on a personal computer where there is no VPN and from the previous comment, there is no corporate antivirus and it works perfectly for me.