SCORM Problems

Mar 15, 2016

I have had good success in the past with Studio 9, uploading SCORM packages to Moodle. I recently updated to Studio 13, and now I can't upload SCORM packages any more. I get a  "server connection error" when I try. Moodle support at my school has been working with me. They gave me a SCORM file that I was able to upload so the problem seems to be with SCORM generation at my end. I am running Windows 10, but I don't know the details of the Moodle version, although I would say that it is the latest. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies
Dan Marsden

I have seen this before when the Web server configuration(Moodle server) can't cope with the size of the file being uploaded - is the file supplied by your school that works much smaller than the file you are trying to upload? - you could also try on https://moodlecloud.com (latest version of Moodle) to see if your file uploads correctly there - and if it does you should be able to ask your Moodle support team to help further.

William Kershaw

Thanks for the reply. I was able to upload my file to MoodleCloud. Since it had worked with a very small test file sent to me by the Moodle admin at school, I made a very small file (~800 KB) with Studio 13 and tried to upload that to the school server. No go. I still got the "error connecting to server".

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Kershaw

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.