Unable to activate the presenter ribbon in PowerPoint 2013

Jun 02, 2013

I have a new computer, windows 8, with PowerPoint 2013.  I recently downloaded Articulate Presenter and when I try to enable the Articulate ribbon it tells me that it is unable to load the Articulate Presenter add-in.  When I go to the Articulate help, it shows how to resolve the issue for PPT 2010, but not 2013.  Are others using Presenter with PPT 2013?  Have you had problems like this that you have solved?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Julie

8 Replies
AJ Perras

Ok, so this is really unacceptable.  I've seen several posts this year about PPT 2013 not being compatible with Presenter '09 and a canned response from Super Hero Phil Mayor on every one of them that simply says something along the lines, "Sorry - not compatible". 

I don't accept that - there has to be something in the works, whether it's an update to '09 or the release of '13 coming sooner than later.  I just got an upgrade to Windows 8 and PPT2013 is native to it; I do A LOT of my work with Articulate Suite '09 and don't see how it is acceptable for users to have to resort to an older version to make it work.  This lack of forward progress is disappointing and I'd like to see something more than "Nope, sorry - you can't do it."  Is there anyone else that can offer some valuable insight on this issue?  Is there a CLOSE light at the end of the tunnel?

Phil Mayor

AJ Perras said:

Ok, so this is really unacceptable.  I've seen several posts this year about PPT 2013 not being compatible with Presenter '09 and a canned response from Super Hero Phil Mayor on every one of them that simply says something along the lines, "Sorry - not compatible". 

I am not employed by Articulate my views and opinions are my own, I replied to the posts with all the information I have.

I use Office 2013 on my main development machine and connot use Studio 09, however I also do not expect a five year old product to be compatible with software that wasnt released during its development cycle.

Sorry you felt my reply was unhelpful, but there is nothing else I can add.

Dianne Blake

Well, this is a really big issue for me. I work as a contractor for multiple companies and have to use the same versions of tools as my clients. So now I'm stuck. One of my clients uses Articulate 09. 

• I must use Office 2013 for some of my clients.
  • I can't go back to Office 2010 because I cannot have both Office 2010 and 2013 on my machine at the same time.
  • I can't go to Articulate 13 because I'm sure that there are differences. 

So what can be done here??? PLEASE HELP!!! Is there a back door I can use?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I did just installed the version 9 update. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.