Using Articulate in both PPT 2007 & 2010

Feb 14, 2011

I'm using both PPT 2007 and 2010. The Articulate banner is present in both versions, but  only works in the 2010 version. I can't preview or publish in the 2007 version. Does anyone know why that could be?

17 Replies
Michael Coates

Sorry to jump in someone else's thread but maybe I have a related issue. I successfully had Presenter running in Powerpoint 2007 previously and have now been forced to upgrade to 2010. The ribbon shows up but some of the functionality is missing. My quiz/ interactions buttons don't seem to be working properly. They seem to go through all the necessary steps but do not create a functioning quiz/ interaction it appears. And now the preview function doesn't even work. I have checked the link you have helpfully posted, Justin, but it doesn't seem to be an add-in or trust centre issue. I'm also running Office 32-bit. I'm a bit at my wits end with this software I must say and need some help. I've never managed to working 100%.

Brian Batt

Michael Coates said:

Sorry - I just saw Brian's post and thought that might be the solution too. I uninstalled Office 2007 and things appeared to improve. i.e. suddenly the quiz and interactions would actually insert placeholders (but no actual content). And then my preview function now appears to fail, so I've run out of options. Any more ideas?

Hi Michael & welcome to Heroes,

If you are experiencing unexpected behavior using Articulate Studio '09, please review the troubleshooting steps in the following article:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2425

Michael Coates

Sorry if I am being a pest but I just wanted to provide as much information as possible in case it helps. By the way - quizmaker seems to function fine as stand-alone - with preview and publish functions fine. When I use Presenter to actually try and insert a pre-existing quiz I now get an error message - Type Mismatch in AP5.frmEngageMain.AddInteraction at line 120....

Justin Wilcox

I would run through the steps that Brian mentioned to see if they help.

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2425

I would also make sure you are using a supported version of Office 2010:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=2552

Regarding the 2007 and 2010 install. You may need to uninstall 2007 and then reinstall it or live without it. 2007  files generally shouldn't have a problem if you work on them in 2010 or vice versa. It's moving files between PPTX and PPT versions of PowerPoint where you can encounter a lot of problems.

Steve Jones

Thanks Justin.

I'll try the reinstall of 2007. I may just have to live without 2010.

I have big library of content created in 2007, and there's just too many issues with Articulate and 2010 if I need to modify older content - I have to create a new presentation, import the slides from the old presentation, re-import the audio, then realign all the connectors. I definitely would not have upgraded to 2010 if I had known of all these issues!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.