QM360 "retry" not working

Jul 09, 2018

Hello,

I am using Presenter 360 (Studio) and am having a problem with Quizmaker. When the 5-question quiz is completed incorrectly, I want it to show the user and passing scores and then have the user retry the quiz until they get it all correct.

However, the results slide appears as desired but the retry button doesn't work. Everything freezes when it is selected. Also, I notice that the user score changes from whatever it actually is (i.e. 40%) to 0% before everything freezes.

I am attaching the file. Please help.
Nina

17 Replies
Nina Frankel

Thanks, Alyssa,

Any estimate as to how long this will take? Or any workarounds you can suggest?

This is just one of many problems I am having with QM360. I've been experiencing them for several weeks now in a number of different files although the program worked fine for me before. I'm wondering if maybe I should reinstall the program? Can you advise about this and maybe connect me with someone that I can talk to who can guide me through the process?

Nina

Nina Frankel

Thanks for your prompt response (again).

If I "rollback" will there be any negative consequences of which I need to be aware? Should all of my older and under-development files still work (or start working)?

Might this also resolve some of the other QM360 problems I am experiencing? They include:
* In matching drag&drop, the options in the second column freeze and you can not drop them into the first column.
* In a quiz question in which you are supposed to drop various options into one of two "shopping carts," none of the options show on the screen, although the carts are there. Similarly, in a game in which you are supposed to drag the four options onto a part of an image of the human body, none of the four options show.
* I tried publishing one of these files to LMS and sending it to our LMS administrator to see what happens when she uploaded it into Moodle. She got a message saying:
"An imsmanifest.xml file was found but it was not in the root of your zip file, please re-package your SCORM."

As you can tell, I'm not very happy with this at the moment and feeling very stressed due to impending deadlines! If  you think the "rollback" will help, I will give it a try.
Nina

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Nina,

I'm so sorry you're running into all these issues. With deadlines approaching, I can definitely understand that you're feeling the pressure!

Rolling back to Update 16 shouldn't cause a problem -- you can check out our release notes here to see what bugs have been fixed since then. The only bug that could affect you will happen only if you have audio/video on the first quiz slide. 

Now, let's tackle the other issues you're seeing. 

1. Matching drag-and-drop is not working correctly: This is also a bug in Update 17 and will be fixed if you roll back to Update 16. Our team is working on a solution for this one.
  2. Drag-and-drop options are hidden: Do you have the answer choices set to "shuffle"? If so, try turning off the shuffle, and that should fix this problem. Again, this is an issue in Update 17 we're working to fix. You won't see this problem if you roll back to Update 16.
  3. Error message in Moodle: I haven't seen reports of this error message, so I would want to test the output in SCORM Cloud to determine whether this is a file issue or if it's related to Moodle. 
Alyssa Gomez

Great news for your Tuesday, Nina! 

We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

We were seeing an issue where learners couldn't review or retry a quiz, and drag and drop questions weren't behaving correctly. All of those issues should be fixed now! 

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Chantel Devitt

Hello, 

I understand this feed is 2 years old, but I am having the EXACT same issue with the slide preview in quizmaker 360 and then with the LMS content freezing. I am wondering how I find any updates on this issue??? I just got Articulate 360 but the content I am working with was created by a coworker a few years ago, which is the content that is being used. Could this be why? Maybe I have to recreate the SCORM in the newest version of Articulate?

I also noticed that this problem is happening with the FreeForm question drag and drop feature. Could there be a bug with this?

Thank you!

Ren Gomez

Hi Chantal,

Thanks for reaching out! If you're experiencing this issue while previewing in the latest version of Quizmaker 360, then we'd be happy to take a look at your file and help troubleshoot!

I see that you started a case a few days ago with our support team, and they replied with next steps. Be sure to check your junk mail just in case it was filtered and feel free to continue the conversation there!

Leslie McKerchie

It's a Gmail account, Chantel. Hopefully, that helps you track it down. I'll copy you in on the latest reply to this e-mail as well.

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.