Quizmaker 360 - Drag & Drop quiz review

Jul 04, 2018

Dear Community,

since an Articulate 360 update (probably week 25) I stumled upon serious problems with my studio 360. Suddenly bugs appeared that I saw years ago in older versions of studio, corrupting slides.

But the biggest Problem for me currently is Quizmaker 360. I believe it is an update issue because I even bought a laptop yesterday to verify that it’s not a hardware issue.

I use Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and office 2010 home and office. If I publish a course with a "Drag & Drop" quiz, I can drag the boxes to the correct places (I saw one of the boxes disappear when moving to the next slide but I guess and hope that this has no further effect). Yet, when I click "Review answers", the “Drag & Drop” quizzes look untouched and if there are many drag boxes, they bleed over the green “correct” or red “incorrect” banners. Why don’t the dragged boxes stay in the applied position when I review the quiz? Up to now I could not find a solution and obviously, this point has not been fixed.

Is there a possibility to return to a 3 weeks older version of Studio 360? Even if I publish quizzes now, that used to work perfectly 3 weeks ago, they now will show the same wrong behavior!

Help is much appreciated as projects are in the pipeline and I wish to offer my customers the best solutions.

Attached you will find a very very basic dummy showing the wrong behavior in the quiz on slide 2. No guarantee for this file whatsoever.

Best regards

6 Replies
Samuel Rackstraw

Dear Nicole,

Thanks for your reply. Please see Case #01422112

I sent a dummy file there and also uploaded it here... Am I the only person having this problem on 3 machines?

I did not answer right away as I was out of office last week (uploading the file for the customer on monday the 25th of June anyway) and had honestly hoped the issue would be fixed by now.

Best regards

Samuel Rackstraw

Dear Nicole,
Thanks, yes the Support team got in touch with me. Their reply actually was informative and helpful.

I would recommend them or you to make the information they gave me public, so that no one else feels as frustrated as I did during the last 12 days or so… If you like, I could publish their answer here or I can leave that to you.

Anyway, thanks for coming back to me and a nice day to you too!

Best regards

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Samuel! Thanks for working through this with us, and I'm also really sorry for the headaches.

I took a peek at your case with my teammate, Vevette, and saw that we've got: In the HTML5 output, freeform drag-and-drop items return to their original position when in Review mode logged as a bug. I also saw that Vevette shared the installer for the previous version of Studio 360.

Really appreciate you bringing this oddity to our attention! Our team is looking into next steps, and here's some background on how we tackle bugs! This discussion is tagged as well so we can keep you updated with new information. 

If you–and anyone else–hit any roadblocks and need to roll back to a previous version, please let us know! We never want anyone to spend hours troubleshooting a problem alone.

Hope you have a great weekend, and we're here if you need anything else!

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Samuel,

Hot off the press! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The issue we were seeing where drag-and-drop questions weren't behaving correctly has been fixed!

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.