Replay 360 keeps freezing and forcing to close without saving

Mar 16, 2017

Hi

I recorded Presenter slides with animations and separate audio into Replay 360. Whilst I have been editing the recording, for instance, using split, delete and cut for both audio and video I have experienced freezing so many times I have lost count. Each time it crashes it corrupts the file and won't publish. I have to go back to a previous version and re-save and start all over again. For the last 3 days I have had to make a few changes, save the file, check that it publishes then Save as another version to continue. What should have taken half a day has taken three.

I have checked my system requirements and my laptop meets them. The video is 11 minutes long and published to 24,335 kb.

Any advice welcome.

12 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey Debbie.  That sounds pretty frustrating; thanks for sharing your experience.  We don't want you to get hung up every few steps in your editing process.

Thanks for checking the system requirements; it's helpful info for us when we're investigating an issue.  Would you be willing to work with our support engineers who can take a deeper look at your Replay installation as well as the file itself?  If you can let them know what your particular setup is (Windows version, multimedia capabilities, etc), that would be great.

I hope we can get you up and running normally!

Crystal Horn

Thanks for the update, Debbie.  Even if you can't share the file, our support team can give you a hand.  I would let them know that your team reinstalled Replay to no avail.

Just a heads up:  When you reply via email, it will include your signature with contact information.  You can pop back into the discussion thread and edit that information out if you wish!

Making every day  the best it can be

I am also having issues. I have recorded a 31:45 min video and when I went to add an image it went into melt down. Now I cannot edit or save anything. It says the project file could not be saved 'end must follow Begin Parameter name 'end. 

Can you explain what I should do? 

When I click onto the Mix A to see if I can edit the end -  I also get this message ' we're sorry, something went wrong... You can help up fix this bug by sending us information...'

Kind regards Jacqueline 'making every day the best it can be hopefully!'

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brandon,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into issues saving our Replay files. How long are the recordings you've created? Do you know the file size?  

I don't see where Jacqueline reached out to our Support team, so I'm not sure if she was able to resolve her issue or not. If you'd like to connect with our team, please feel free to reach out here. 

For the files that were saved the other day that appear corrupted today, were they also syncing to your OneDrive or strictly saved on the desktop?

Brandon  Gabany

Hello,

The file size is 4.2gb. It is a .mts file also.

I have a case number 01163623 but haven't heard anything back yet.

I can get the file without the video to save but when I add the video it corrupts it,

I am going to reinstall the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services per the https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-Replay-360-How-to-Fix-Unexpected-or-Erratic-Behavior process and will provide an update.

On Friday, I was saving all of the files locally to my desktop.

Thanks

Brandon

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.