Articulate Storyline 360 crashing when I preview or publish

Apr 18, 2019

Hello,

I have a storyline file that keeps crashing Storyline 360 everytime I try to preview or publish. I've stripped out a font that I thought might be causing it. What other steps should I take?

Thanks,

Sarah

12 Replies
Katie Riggio

Welcome, Sarah. You came to the right place for help! 😀

The behavior you're describing usually happens when there is a corrupt element on a slide. Could you try importing the slides into a new Storyline file? Let me know if that helps!

If that doesn't help: Does the crash happen when you try to preview a specific slide or scene? If so, one way to nail the culprit down is to remove the affected slide's objects one by one.

Let me know if you need a hand! With your permission, I'm happy to test your .story file. I'll let you know what I find, and will delete it when we find the culprit! You can share it publicly here, or share it privately with our Support team here.

Krystal Valley

Hi Katie

I am having the same problem as Sarah. I have tried to import the slides into a new Storyline file but I still get the crash whenever I try to preview or publish. I have gone through and have had no issues previewing indicidual slides so I am not quite sure what the problem is. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Lauren Connelly

Hello Krystal!

I'd love to help! The first thing I'd like to do is test your file on my end. Would you mind uploading it using this secure upload link?

After taking a look, you'll receive a reply with a fix or additional troubleshooting steps! Not to worry, we'll do our best to find a fix!

Nicole Duclos

Hi Krystal

I’ve been having the same problem since I updated to the latest version (12/15). I even uninstalled, reinstalled, and rebooted. It is random. One out of ten times the file might publish.

I’m pretty sure it’s not the files or fonts because I was able to preview and publish the same files using another computer not on the latest update. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nicole,

I appreciate you popping in to share your experience with Krystal. I took a look, but it does not look like she reached out to our support team for further help, so I do not have an update on what the culprit may have been.

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Robin! 

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having issues with your pick many questions crashing when viewing in preview. I understand how frustrating that can be. 

Just a couple of questions to understand your setup better:

• Have you tried importing your project into a new Storyline file? 
  • Do you have other pick many questions included in your course? Is there a difference in the content or design of those slides? Trying to rule out all the potential options! 

I'd like to reference my colleague Katie's workaround question/suggestion earlier in this thread. Perhaps it will be of help:

Does the crash happen when you try to preview a specific slide or scene? If so, one way to nail the culprit down is to remove the affected slide's objects one by one.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I'd be happy to take a closer look at your file. Please feel free to upload to this thread or privately in a support case.

Hope this helps!