Bring Rise course into Storyline 360.

Jul 23, 2021

Developers created courses in Rise and I need to bring them into Storyline 360.  I have Articulate 360 so I have access to both Rise and Storyline but want to finalize the courses in Storyline.  How do I do this?

5 Replies
Math Notermans

Hi Suzanne,
More often its used the other way around. Bringing in Storyline blocks in Rise. When you want to bring a complete Rise course into Storyline you will get into trouble. For a few reasons.

One of the major ones is the complete different approach these 2 tools use. Storyline has the old slide based approach. And although with the Modern Player it looks like it is 'responsive' it is in fact not. Its just the player that scales content to the maximum size of the viewport.

Rise on the other hand is based on the One Page web approach. Its a setup popular by html-developers for creating websites on a single page. It is responsive and adapts nicely to any size of device.

That in fact is the biggest hurdle to take when bringing a Rise course into Storyline. How do you manage that ?

One way of getting a published Rise course into Storyline is using Webobjects to load the html published in Rise to showup in a Storyline slide. However reading you want to finalize the Rise build course in Storyline it will be disappointing as you cannot do anything with the published html in Storyline except for showing it in a Webwindow.

Here is how to do that...
https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-360-How-to-Embed-Published-Content-in-a-Web-Page

Suzanne Timmerhans

Thanks for your reply although it puts my project way behind schedule and cost.

Get Outlook for iOS

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.