Browser Settings

Dec 09, 2014

Hi Guys,

I am about to publish my project to the moodle LMS what browser settings do you recommend?

Thank you in advance

Trish Cox

7 Replies
Rusty Taylor

I'm having trouble with the presentation not fiiting the window provided by Desire2Learn (D2L). I am publishing to my LMS using a SCORM package. It does play but cuts off the edges of the screen and navigation tools. I am using the following settings:

Browser size: Display at user's current browser

Player size: Lock player at optimal size

Use fixed width of 720

I've also tried scaling and it doesn't work either.  When I scale, the presentation plays but flashes in the window (like a refresh or something)

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Rusty, 

It sounds like Player Size: Scale to fill browser window would be the best setting to use, but it's strange that it's giving you a flashing effect.  You may want to look at testing it in another environment such as SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard for LMS testing. You can review the directions here to help you go through that testing. If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in D2L, I would open a support case with D2L to troubleshoot the issue. They’ll know how best to help with LMS-specific problems.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.