Can you speed up the player in Articulate 360?

Jun 15, 2017

I don't think this has been possible before, but can a user speed up the audio on the player in 360?

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 72 (Build 3.72.29654.0).

Included in this release is a new feature where you can let learners explore at their own pace by choosing a course playback speed between 0.25x and 2x.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

83 Replies
Math Notermans

Slides and all timing you add to it by triggers, slidelayers, transitions and animations are not changed by the speedchange on video Artivulate added. Only video is affected.

Any animation or timing added by using Javascript and GSAP you can speed up. But the default timeline animations are not.

Sofi Dell

Hi all, I love that SL360 now has an accessible video player with the ability to speed up videos! I'm wondering if I can add an on-screen button that can access the video player's native functionality similar to how Math's wonderful workaround allowed. I'd love to be able to just add a button that will allow speed change to 1.5 or 2x without the need for javascript extras - but without making the player visible.

Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 72 (Build 3.72.29654.0).

Included in this release is a new feature where you can let learners explore at their own pace by choosing a course playback speed between 0.25x and 2x.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!