Challenge - 360° video including hotspots in Storyline

Nov 25, 2012

Hello Storyline Heroes!

For an EHS eLearning, we are trying to build an interactive 360 virtual tour. The learner moves around a factory, and finds hotspots with quiz questions.

We are trying to achieve something similar to Montse Posner Anderson great example “making video more interactive” , but with the possibility for the learner to move around the area at its own pace.

This is an example of what we would like to create - but in Storyline:

http://vr.photoconcept.se/archive/locomotive/

(it’s in Sweedish – simply click on “Starta test”)

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Annick

44 Replies
Quentin BEAUCHENE

Hi !

I have a similar problem. I created a virtual tour with Panotour pro with hotspots.

I put my virtual tour in Storyline as a web object. It works :)

I add a javascript code to a hotspot like "alert("...."). It works when I'm clicking on :

javascript alert

Now, I want to add a javascript code to change a variable value in Storyline. I created a variable "myvar1" in Storyline as Boolean. I add this code to a hotspot in Panotour :  var player = GetPlayer(); player.SetVar("myvar1",True);

Unfortunatly, it doesn't work.

Have you any idea ? where have I to push my javascript code to communicate with Storyline ?

Thanks for your help !

Quentin BEAUCHENE

Hi Alexandros,

I'm trying with this JS code : var player = parent.GetPlayer(); player.SetVar("myvar1",True);

but this doesn't work. SL seems to have no reaction. I make a button displaying variable's value (false by default). There is no change when I'm clicking on hotspot.

Maybe I need to add JS code in SL or Panotour to force SL to do what Panotour wants ?

I'm a student and this virtual visit is very important for my final graduate exam. Maybe I'm looking for an impossible communication ? ;)

Thanks

Quentin

Quentin BEAUCHENE

Hi Michael,

Sorry I wasn'nt at work last days. I can't post my real project here (confidentiality) but here is a sample project with the same functions. I have 3 hotspots : 2 with simple text (lamp + wordmap) and the last one with JS Code (photo frame) : var player = parent.GetPlayer(); player.SetVar("myvar1",True);

I would like that the variable's that become "true" when the learner click on the photo frame.

Thanks for help

Quentin BEAUCHENE

Thanks

2017-05-25 18:08 GMT+02:00 E-Learning Heroes :

> [image: E-Learning Heroes]
> ------------------------------
> Reply to Challenge - 360° video including hotspots in Storyline
>
>
> *Michael Anderson replied:*
>
> Well that's good on your end. I'm downloading the trial of PanoTour now so
> I can hopefully troubleshoot easier here.
> Reply
>
> View
>
> ------------------------------
>
> To post a response, simply reply to this email.
>
> You received this email because you subscribed to this discussion.
> Unsubscribe
>
>
> © 2017 Articulate Global, Inc. All rights reserved.
>

Quentin BEAUCHENE

I'm working with panotour pro 2.5. To add javascript in hotspot, go to
style tab and modify an hotspot style by clicking on "advanced options".
The last one is javascript code I think. Then you can chose this style for
the hotspot on the scene. I will try to send you panotour file tomorrow
(I'm in France)

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 54, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we’ve included is:

Create immersive learning experiences with 360° images. Add interactive elements, such as hotspots and markers to engage learners as they explore.

360° images are currently in public beta for Storyline 360, which means you can use them for production as we continue to enhance them.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or directly reaching out to our Support Engineers