Corrupt File

Mar 21, 2022

Hello, I had just finished a storyline project and saved it. It then crashed and now when I try to reopen it says that the file is corrupt. I can't find any older versions of the file so the  '%appdata%\Articulate\Storyline'  method has not been working for me. I also can't import it into a new project which was another suggested method - the slides show up, but it says that it is being used by another process when I try to put them in.

Does anyone have another suggestions of how to open this file? I have attached the file if anyone does.

Any help would be appreciated,

Naomi

9 Replies
Naomi Bettridge

Hi thanks for the reply. I've tried restarting it - this actually happened on Friday so the laptop has been off over the weekend as well. 

I've tried looking for older versions but my laptop doesn't seem to have saved any! I luckily saved a version onto team slides last Tuesday, which I have done a lot of work to since then, but at least there's some of it saved.

Andrea Koehntop

Hi Robert, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! 

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing opening your project.

I want to ask you some questions to begin troubleshooting:

If none of these steps solves your issue, I'd like you to open a case with one of our Support Engineers.

Kelly Auner

Hi Everyone,

I have some exciting news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 63, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

How Storyline 360 would generate an error after inserting a large video.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!