Custom Keyboard Shortcuts Fail To Work

Aug 13, 2015

Hello. I am trying to get 508 to work in Storyline, and testers here tell me that the Left/Right arrows must work for previous and next button functionality. I tried to create a custom keyboard shortcut on the master slide to get Storyline to do that, and these fail to work. Here is the tempshare:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/tempshare-stage.storyline.articulate.com/stp19sjrgkdeecng791v9e3ld1asb4/story.html

The .story file is attached.

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing that here and our QA team is aware of some inconsistent behaviors with the keyboard press triggers and slide navigation. It seems that those only work more than once if the slide has the focus, otherwise you're stuck and the key press triggers no longer work. I've seen users having better success with this not on the master slide layout, or if you've built custom navigation buttons, or are using the HTML5 output vs. Flash.

I'll include this thread in the report filed with our team so that we can update you here once there is additional information to share. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David, 

You may find that key-press triggers you've assigned to a slide don't work if you click the slide in your Flash output before invoking the key-press triggers.  

This issue was fixed in Update 7 for Articulate Storyline 2. Install the latest version of Storyline 2 to take advantage of the new features and fixes, then republish your course. With this fix, you'll want to ensure you're using a key press trigger or a click trigger on the object, not both of those triggers on the same object. 

If you're still having issues with your course, please feel free to let us know here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.