Error with Submit Button in Published Storyline 360 Course

Sep 05, 2017

The "Submit" button does not work on a question within an AICC course published to our LMS. While the user can click the button, nothing happens when they do. The functionality is perfectly fine in Preview mode within Storyline 360, but the problem begins once I open it in our LMS (Taleo Learn).

As for the file itself, the scene with a quiz contains 4 questions and a results slide. The glitchy "Submit" button only happens on the fourth question. My version of Storyline is totally up-to-date. The slide properties include:

• Slide advances: By user
  • When revisiting: Automatically decide
  • Slide navigation controls: Only the "Submit" box is checked

As for the LMS, I uploaded it as I normally would. I already tried removing the course from our server and re-uploading it - no luck. Everything else works with the module except for this one glitch (which consequently prohibits the user from completing).

Any idea how I could solve this problem?

13 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Alexander!

So sorry that's slowing you down-- I'm happy to look into this with you.

If you haven't already, try uploading your published output to SCORM Cloud to see if the same behavior occurs there. That will give us a good idea of whether the issue is happening within the file itself or if it's something in the LMS.

You can also share your unpublished .story project file here so I can help with testing. Add it as an attachment right to a comment like this: 

Thanks for letting us know about this- and keep me posted! 

Alexander Clark

Hey Ali!

Thank you for the quick reply and information! I just uploaded the course the SCORM Cloud and I think I did it all correctly. Here's the link I generated:

https://cloud.scorm.com/sc/InvitationConfirmEmail?publicInvitationId=855ec8ca-458d-4e2d-b9da-346707756785

Let me know if I need to generate another one.

The same problem continued. To recreate: Click on the "Knowledge Check" slide and go from there. You should encounter the issue on the 4th question.

Ali Goulet

Hey Alexander!

Thanks so much for sharing that link and your file with me. I saw the same behavior in SCORM Cloud even after importing all your slides into a new file, as well. Everything works fine in preview, but not in the published output.

I'm going to have one of our Support Engineers reach out to you directly via email to investigate this further with you. Keep an eye out for Support@articulate.com in your inbox!

Leslie McKerchie

No worries Mike - I just know that the issue Alexander was working through seems to be replicated by our team and in our industry standard SCORM Cloud. 

You're certainly smart to stay ahead and keep a pulse on possibilities and be sure to reach out to us if you run into any issues. 

Perhaps Alexander will be able to chime in and share some insight/best practices regarding your LMS platform though :)

Good luck with your project.

Alexander Clark

Hey Mike,

No resolution yet. Honestly, we've had a bunch of issues with AICC files the last 4-6 months (before everything was just peachy). I'm not sure if Taleo Learn is the issue or Articulate.

I will say that SCORM files seem to work best in Taleo Learn. My main reservation with the SCORM files is the user experience tied to the "class." It adds another step in the process and the page right before the actual course page is downright ugly. 

I'll keep you posted once I hear a resolution from our support team!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tiona,

I'm sorry you've run into a problem as well. I took a look at Alexander's case and it seems that he also ran into issues with possible corrupted slides that had used quotation marks in the answer field. Does that sound similar to your set up?

Have you also looked at testing it in SCORM Cloud? It's a standard for LMS testing, so if you're seeing something different than Alexander it would be a good baseline to see how it's performing. If your course doesn't work at SCORM Cloud either, let me know and we'll want to get your .story file in the hands of our Engineers. Otherwise, I'd suggest reaching out to your LMS admin for next steps. 

Robert Kinas

Ashley, I work with Tiona. Here's what we've tried, what has failed and what we ultimately did.

1. Our initial version worked in preview in Storyline and when published to web.

2. When we published for AICC and placed the course in Success Factors LMS, the submit button would appear to press, but nothing would happen.

Triggers:

-  Screen progresses to feedback layer (custom)

-  Submit button changes state to hidden

-  Next button changes state to normal (hidden when timeline started)

Testing attempts (unsuccessful):

-  Rearranged Triggers

-  Reverted to a standard feedback layer from the layout with a "Continue" button and removed state change triggers on "Submit" and "Next" buttons

3. When we published to AICC and sent the file to SCORM Cloud, the course wouldn't load at all.

4. Ultimately, we published the course in a SCORM package and it worked properly.

This is a concern for us because most of our courses are published in AICC. Please advise.

Crystal Horn

Thanks Robert for including all your steps there.  When you were attempting to test your AICC content in SCORM, did you follow these steps

If you did, and you're having trouble loading the content at all, we're happy to lend a hand.  Can you share the .story file with us here so that we can do some testing and offer next steps?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.