Extra Slide Masters in Storyline 360

May 18, 2017

I'm using the trial version of Storyline 360 on a Windows 10 machine. Storyline added a ton (over 100) extra Master slides to my file. I was able to delete most of them (they all are the default "Clean" style), but the last 20 or so won't budge. Each one says that it's being used by one slide in the file, but no slides in my project use any of these.

Has anyone else experienced this? Have you fixed it? It's a pain to have so many empty Master slide layouts - it creates a larger file and makes the interface more complex than it needs to be.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

4 Replies
Betzi Bateman

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for responding. Yes, I imported some scenes and slides from another project, so this must be what's going on. I did notice that a couple of the slides I imported were using one of the "Clean" master slides. I changed that and can now delete the extras I don't need.

It was very strange to see 135 extra "Clean" Masters, though!

Thanks again!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item(s) you may be interested in are the fixes for:

• Sometimes, variables would be missing when importing one Storyline project into another.
  • Each slide that was imported from another Storyline project had its own separate slide master. Now all slides from the same imported project belong to a single slide master.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.