How do we turn off autoplay in a published scorm from Storyline 360?

Jan 12, 2023

We are changing LMS platforms and discovered that the new platform auto-plays the SCORM files created in Storyline 360 (the previous platform did not autoplay). We are told the setting is within the SCORM package.

Is there a way to set the published storyline interactive video package to NOT autoplay? I see how to set videos within the content but not the package content itself. 

9 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Robin, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. Happy to help!

In order to better assist you, I have a few questions: 

1. When you are referring to auto-playing, does your course currently have audio or a video on the first slide? 

Chrome and Safari no longer autoplay audio and video content on the first slide.

2. Are you using a different browser to view your course?

Perhaps if it is the same browser, the settings might need to be adjusted within your LMS or by reaching out to your LMS Admin.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know! 

Eric Santos

Hi Robin,

I'm happy to chime in! Have you tried testing your course in a different LMS other than your previous one? This is to confirm if the behavior you're experiencing is specific to Tovuti. SCORM Cloud is a great environment that you can use for this purpose. Here's how to test your course in SCORM Cloud: 

If you can replicate the autoplay behavior in SCORM Cloud, would you be willing to upload a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look at it? We'll delete it when we're done testing! 

Eric Santos

Hi Robin,

Thanks for sharing the zipped file! John is right that it's better to troubleshoot using the *.story file. But since the published output is available, I uploaded it to SCORM Cloud and confirmed that the audio on the first slide and the succeeding ones are playing automatically.

Earlier, Luciana shared that Chrome 70+ no longer autoplay audio on the first slide. What may be happening here is detailed in this article:

Chrome's Media Engagement Index (MEI) learns that they allowed audio to play on previous visits to the same site. When that happens, audio will automatically play as it did in earlier versions of Chrome.

I'd update the Storyline version to the latest one to cover all bases, as Jürgen pointed out. Then republish and re-upload your course to Tovuti. If this does not help, we'd be happy to look at the Storyline project file (*.story) and run some tests! You can upload it here or in private by opening a support case.

Submit a Support Case