How to change Storyline 360 font colors

Apr 18, 2017

We used to be able to change the player font colors under the colors and effects in the Player Properties.  We customize the color scheme based on our company colors. However, in 360, there is no dropdown to change the font color.  What happened?  Did they delete the ability to do this?

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Ellen!

Here's a reference guide to help you identify which parameters are used to control the color of each item on your course player in Storyline 2, and you can also use this for Storyline 360. 

For example, in Advanced Color Editing, the item Base >> Link Text changes the color of the title and the resources tab. 

Let me know if there's a particular item of the player you're trying to change, and I'll point you to the parameter for that item!

Gary Schilling

I'm using the trial version of Articulate 360. In the Storyline 360 player, I can't get the color of the course title to change. If I do exactly as you show above (changing "Base >> Link Text" to red), nothing changes. I have been able to change the color of everything else in the player, but if I can't change the course title, it limits me to light background colors. Even if I select one of the preset themes, the color of the course title doesn't change. It's always charcoal gray. Any suggestions? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks for that update Gary - does the Player preview refresh for other changes, and it's just this one not showing? You should expect to see it as Alyssa showed - but if that's not happening we'd want to figure out why! 

Some suggestion to get you started:

Ali Goulet

Hey Gary!

Thanks for letting us know you're seeing that. We have this reported to our team and I'll add your experience to the report! 

Once we get new information about this issue, we'll be sure to share it here.

It does look like once you change the color selection and exit the Player Properties window, next time you open it you'll see those changes reflected. 

Thanks again for letting us know what's going on, and I apologize if it's causing you headaches!

Gary Schilling

To answer Ashley, I am working with files on my local HDD. I tried rebooting my computer. Same problem. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled Storyline, rebooted again, and opened Storyline. Same problem. The other problem I see in the player preview window is that if I turn off all of the player features, I'm still left with a fat border around the slide (in the player preview window). But again, if I preview the actual course, it shows a thin border, as expected. As you say, the next time I open the Player Properties, the color change is shown, but the fat border issue remains. And yes - the player preview does refresh when I make a change, but not when I change the color of the "Base >> Link Text". Hope this helps. It's not the end of the world, now that understand that it IS actually applying the changes to my course, but it would be nice to have it working correctly.

Peter Fitzgerald

I'm having the same issue in build 3.13.15006.0 of  SL 360. I have the menu, resources, sidebar, and all other topbar elements toggled off. The only thing at the top of my player is the title,

Changing the formatting of the title in Advanced color editing >  Base > Link Text has no effect. I was finally able to workaround the issue by toggling one of the topbar left elements on then back off.

See attached for the exported player settings.

unable to change title color

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.