How to change the Modern Player colours other that "Dark" & "Light" theme in Articulate Storyline 360

Jun 07, 2018

Hello,

How can we change the color of the Morden Player in Articulte Storyline 360?

If we select the Modern player, it shows only two options:

• Dark
  • Light

Can anyone help me to find a way to use the different colors for Modern Player?

Thanks,

Amey Sawant

60 Replies
Amelia Robinson

Just jumping in to say I have been trying to get a navy blue frame with a lighter blue menu background to please a client that currently has that with the classic player. It's hard for clients to understand why it can't look like it does now (old version) and allow students to use mobile devices. Please provide ability to use a full spectrum of colors instead of just black or beige.

Becca Levan

Hello Everyone,

I'm happy to return with some exciting news! đź—ž

Storyline 360 Update 54 is here, and it introduces several features and bug fixes! Here's the item you'll be interested in:

New: Brand your courses by choosing a custom background color for the modern player.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application—details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or reach out to our Support Engineers directly!

Ray Boehmer

I guess the team didn't take any requests to add customization options to the modern player very seriously.
Storyline went from having one of the MOST customizable UI/UXs to one of the LEAST with the jump to the modern player.
I suppose it would be okay to just keep using the old player; except new features are being developed that will only work with the modern player.
So that leaves us with the option to lose any future new player features that only work with Modern player or lose any vision of the look 'n feel other than what SL comes up with - which I'll add is the same as it was 3 years ago. So modern is a subjective term anyway...?