How to Embed 360 degree video from youtube into storyline 360

Feb 09, 2017

Hi

I am trying to embed 360 degree video from youtube into storyline 360 but was not able to get final output, I have tried all the ways in inserting video as a link, as a web object as a variable, Is there any one who tried this if yes, please share your ideas.

26 Replies
pravas Golla

Hi Michael,

I have tried inserting a 360 video inside story line 360 it worked on following option:

1. As a link by clicking on an image

2. As a Camtasia Studio 

3. As a web object

But i am trying to include the same 360 degree video to play inside articulate 360, Is there any way you can help me with this issue and it would be great to discuss with you further on this issue.

pravas Golla

I am sorry if i am not clear in my previous request. My concern is when we publish a scene there will be  a pop up window with options like

articulate 360

web

LMS  .... etc, please find the attachment.

So when i select a web option to publish everything is going fine and smooth but when i select articulate 360 option to publish the content is not playing /not displaying the final result.

Vance Brown

What are options for publishing this kind of video if you work for a company that doesn't allow any kind of web published content or utility? In short, How do we do this with zero web tools?

I was thinking I could do it with just a 360 camera, and editing software. Am I headed in the right direction?  

Katie Riggio

Hello, Odette. Thanks for checking in!

360º video support is a popular request and one we've got our eyes on! Our team is actively exploring examples so we can best understand how this feature would be used.

We'd love to hear more about how this could help you. Feel free to add your details through a Feature Request!

As soon as we finalize the details around this concept, we'll share the news on our What's New, What's Next page!

Vincent Scoma

Hi Stephanie, 

Thank you for inquiring about this feature! 

At this time, our team is continuing to track requests for embedding 360-degree videos. We are currently developing 360-degree images and hope to have more updates to share on that soon! In the meantime, we have a great resource that shares our feature roadmap and what we are working on next here: 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, everyone!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 54, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we’ve included is:

Create immersive learning experiences with 360° images. Add interactive elements, such as hotspots and markers to engage learners as they explore.

360° images are currently in public beta for Storyline 360, which means you can use them for production as we continue to enhance them.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or directly reaching out to our Support Engineers