How to set the trigger of "next" button when the learner review the slides in Storyline 360?

Dec 21, 2023

When the learner begins the first to learn. I set the "next" button disable when the timeline starts on this slide and "next" button normal when the timeline ends on this slide.  But I would also like to make the "next" button normal when user review this slide again.  So how I set the trigger for this.  

8 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

You can add a variable to track that the slide has been viewed. 

For example

• varSlideviewed = False to start
  • adjust variable to True when timeline starts (or ends)
  • trigger: change the next button to disabled when timeline starts on condition var= False

The first time they visit, the var is False so the button is disabled. At some point the var = True. When they revisit, the button will not be disabled

Jennifer Firestone

It depends on a combination of your Navigation Restrictions, along with what triggers you are or are not using. 

The simplest way to accomplish what you're describing is to:

1. Set the Navigation Restrictions to Restricted AND select "Lock Next/Previous buttons"
  2. DON'T add triggers to change the state of the Next button (Otherwise your triggers are fighting with the Navigation Restrictions setting)

When the timeline starts, the "Lock Next/Previous buttons" setting causes the Next button to be disabled. Then when the timeline is finished, it automatically enables the Next button. When the learner goes back to the slide later, the Next button is still enabled because you don't have a trigger changing the state.