HTML5 will not play in Chrome (Version 64.0.3282.140)

Feb 12, 2018

When I publish my Storyline 3 course to LMS, HTML5 only format.  The content will not open in Chrome.  It appears as if a portion of the player loads but the rest of the content will not load.  The spinning wheel (loading) continues to spin but never loads.  I'm selecting the  "story_html5.html" file as usual.  However, it will play in Firefox.   This is new as of last Friday.  Anyone else experiencing this issue? 

25 Replies
Karl Maier

Hello Leslie,

We have the same problem:

- Storyline 360 (latest updates) with HTML5 publish (Flash-fallback)

- Chrome 64.0.3282.167

- Windows 10 (64bit)

- Content via LMS, not locally

We can only see the spinning wheel, and there ist an error in the Chrome console.

Please help! We have many people out there also using Chrome and maybe with the same problem!

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for sharing your file Karl.

I published your file and viewed in Chrome 64 on Mac and Chrome 64 in Windows 10 and the HTML5 version of your course is loading as expected.

Check out my published content here. Do you experience the same issue?

When I went to publish your file, it was set to publish to Articulate 360, so be sure you are choosing LMS.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Chloe and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for letting us know that you are working with the support team.

The only specific fix we had with Storyline 360 and Chrome 64 was viewing local files (Jan 29 update here), which does not sound similar to what you are experiencing glancing at your support case.

Looks like you are working directly with Chino, so I encourage you to continue to do so. I'll let him know that this is the thread you were referring to in your response.

Leslie McKerchie

Great news!  We just released Update 3 for Storyline 3. This includes quite a few important fixes and some new features as well. Check out all the details in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

Local playback of published story no longer working in Chrome version 64

Be sure to download and install the latest version of Storyline 3.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.