In Storyline 360, editable text question is not working properly.

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Team,

I have created the "editable text question" using text entry.  But when I try to edit the text in published build, it won't allows me to edit the text. It only allows to type the text from the beginning of the sentence.

I have attached the story file and published build for your reference.

Can you please look into this and provide any solution? 

Thanks,

Amey Sawant

9 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Amey

I don't understand what you want the user to do.

The variable for text entry already has the text in as default.  When you ask them to edit it you don't have a submit key or a next button or any other button to move forward or validate the text.  This isn't done as a quiz slide type did you want it to be?

See this Peek video where I've added buttons

Amey Sawant

Hi Wendy,

Yes. I saw your peek video. But it's not working for me. That's why i shared the my Peek video.

Have you got the source file on your local drive or OneDrive?
Amey: local drive

Are you publishing to Web or LMS?
Amey: Both

Which browser are you using and which version/update of Storyline are you using.
Amey: Browser - Mozzilla and Chrome; Storyline Version/update:  v3.36.21289.0

Wendy Farmer

Hi Amey

I'm not sure why it's not working for you.  I'm on an earlier version of SL 3.35 and I just published it to LMS uploaded to Scormcloud and it's working as expected.

You could try doing a repair of Storyline or follow these instructions for unexpected or erratic behaviour.  

If that doesn't fix it you might need to log a support ticket with Articulate and see if they can help.

Sorry I couldn't be more help Amey.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Amey,

It looks like Wendy was providing stellar help here! I opened the course as well in the most recent build, and I wasn't able to highlight the text either. When I reverted to Update 35, I was able to highlight and edit the text. 

I am connecting with our team about what is happening when editing text entry boxes, and I appreciate you letting us know! In the meantime, you may want to install a previous version of Storyline to utilize the Text Entry box. This guide will walk you through this process: How to Install a Previous Version of an App

You're in the right place, and we'll share more details as soon as we can!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Amey,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here

The item you'll be interested in is:
Fixed: We fixed a few issues with data-entry fields. Learners had to click a data-entry field before they could type a response. In some cases, they couldn't select the default text before typing a response. Text didn't always scroll when it was longer than the data-entry field.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.