Issue with Articulate Storyline 360 and SABA LMS

Mar 14, 2023

Here is the problem/situation:

• A customer uses our courses, consisting of two or more SCORM 1.2 module. The last module of a course is always the final quiz.
  • The course modules are set to "completed/incomplete" and the final quiz set to "passed/failed". For test purposes we also tried „completed/incomplete", but that leads to the same result which is also the problem.
  • Problem: In case the user doesn’t pass the final quiz or cancles the final quiz, SABA rates the entire course as "failed". On our own LMS (DOCEBO), the user can easily repeat canceled or failed final tests, because the LMS has the setting "unlimited attemtps". 
  • As far as I know, the LMS settings are responsible for this phenomenon and not the Storyline settings. 

My question: Is anyone familiar with this problem concerning SABA LMS? If so, did you find a solution for this? If so, in SABA LMS oder in Articulate Storyline?

(Please excuse my English; I am not a native speaker)

Hermann

6 Replies
Eric Schaffer

I'm thinking a quick fix would be to remove the test from the Storyline module and add a SABA test. The learner could complete the module and it would show as complete. Once they have completed the parts the test would generate, and they could take it as many times as your customer would like. This also gives your customer the ability to evaluate the test and see which questions the learner is failing. With this information your course could be updated to correct any failures rates.