Issue with Hindi Font Alignment and Maathra Placement in Articulate 360

Oct 09, 2023

Hi,

The issue we are currently facing revolves around incorrect font alignment and the improper placement of "maathras" (diacritical marks or vowel signs) when using Hindi fonts within Articulate 360. The placement of "maathras" is often incorrect, leading to inaccuracies in pronunciation and comprehension. This issue is of utmost concern as it affects linguistic accuracy.

Despite our best efforts, which included experimenting with various fonts, we have not been able to resolve these issues satisfactorily.

Your expertise and support are invaluable to us, and we kindly request your assistance. If any of you have experience dealing with Hindi fonts within Articulate 360 or have successfully addressed similar issues, we would be immensely grateful for your insights and advice.

Articulate version - V3.80.31058.0

Warm regards,

6 Replies
Jürgen Schoenemeyer

there are some problems with Hindi for a long time (> 8 years) and they are not solved

• fonts not working: Open Sans, Lato, Poppins, Noto Sans Devanagari ...

the workaround is to enable "Accessible text"

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/charecter-issue-in-hindi-language?page=2

you should open a support case with examples

Jose Tansengco

Hello Linda, 

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this issue too.

Please try using the 'Replace Fonts' of Storyline 360 to replace the current font used by your course with something standard like Arial. This will help determine if the display issue you're encountering is specific to the font family that you used. 

If using Arial fixes the issue for you, try re-installing your original font, or downloading from a different source to see if this helps. If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can check to see why your font is not displaying properly.

Steven Benassi

Hi Linda!

I just wanted to pop in since I noticed you connected with my colleague Philam through a support case. Smart move!

It looks like Philam has Hebrew diacritics being misplaced when previewing/publishing the file logged as a software bug. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! In the meantime, as a workaround, we would suggest rolling back to Storyline 360 version 3.78 where this behavior is not observed.

We'll be sure to notify you as soon as we have any updates to share and apologize if this has been slowing you down!

Jose Tansengco

Hello everyone!

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 81, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Hebrew diacritics are being misplaced when previewing/publishing the file

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!