Latest Update Warning 8_21_18 WARNING v3.19.166000

Aug 23, 2018

The new update August 21 - 3.19.16600.0 now causing all my Closed Captioning to disappear when published in my LMS. Right before I updated, I have published over 20 courses that I am implementing with CC and they all work. After the update this morning, published a new course and the CC function doesn't work at all.

I tried to uninstall and re-install SL360 and try it again, nothing changes. This is not the first time Articulate releases updates. That causes problems to other functions in your software. As a mention many times before. You don't test your updates and we as end user becomes the beta-testers. You are causing headaches and stress for us.

This is unacceptable. Now, how do I convert back to the previous version? Please send a link asap.  As you have done it before here: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/problem-with-latest-update?page=2#reply-529287

I submitted a Case Number: 01500732

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Ted,

First off, I can definitely understand where you're coming from. Some of our past releases have come with a few surprises, and we never want customers to worry about running into new issues when updating their software. We've heard from other folks going through the same struggle, and I want you to know we're working really hard to ensure that unexpected bugs don't sneak into new releases in the future.

That being said, I really appreciate you opening a support case about this. If there's a bug going on, that's the best way to get it identified so we can jump right into fixing it. I see that you installed an older update of Storyline 360, and that seemed to solve the issue. However, our goal is to get to the root of the problem -- we're not satisfied with band-aid fixes. 

I created a test file that contains a video with closed captions, and I published it for LMS with SCORM 1.2. When I tested it in SCORM Cloud, I was able to see the captions correctly. 

Could you also test this link and let me know if you can see the closed captions? 

I know you mentioned you'd rather not share your file, but since we haven't been able to recreate this on our end, your file would be hugely helpful in identifying what's causing this problem. If you decide to send it, you can attach it directly to your case with Richard here

Ted Nguyen

Alyssa. I can see your closed captions. When I updated to the latest update, rebooted by computer. I published the course and tested our LMS. The caption would pop up for a quick half and second and then disappear. Once I received the link from Richard Anciado to revert back to the previous version. Everything works a intended.  Sorry.  I can't share the file.

Ted Nguyen

Broderick, basically the captioning texts will not display when the closed caption icon is selected when publishing my course to our LMS.  Once I reverted back to the previous version, the captioning texts appear/show up as designed at the bottom.  Since I have the install for v3.18.16449.0.  I will update to the latest and publish again to make sure the install didn't go bad that might have caused the issue. 

Ted Nguyen

Hi all.  I want to give an update.  The closed captions were not displaying in Chrome and Safari.  So I have been working with Richard and he was able to duplicate my concern.  Here's what Richard stated to me in an email.  "It took awhile but we were finally able to reproduce the issue. You are correct, it seems to be related to update 19. I’ve logged it as a possible bug."

Crystal Horn

Hey folks. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 21 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where closed captions sometimes disappeared in HTML5 when using the classic player.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.