Letters 't' and 'f' going missing in Storyline 360 for small population of users?

I am getting some really odd feedback for one of our Storyline 360 courses (published for HTML5 with Flash backup). Has anyone encountered this / knows what is going on? Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate the issue. Here are some of the comments the course is getting:

• "Why are all the t's and f's missing?"
  • "Most all T's and F's are missing"
  • When opened in Explorer there were missing letter so it was very hard to read.
  • "Some of the slides had letters missing"
  • "All the missing letters were very odd. Was there a point?"
  • "The content was difficult to read mostly because of there were letters missing throughout the slides. It seemed mainly all the "t's" and "f's"
  • Why are all the t's and f's missing? That was very strange and might be very hard for people with visual difficulties.
  • several letters were missing difficult to read.
326 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Will,

Definitely an interesting idea, and I discussed it with some colleagues earlier today. The consensus was that a web filtering software would block it persistently, not only on an intermittent basis. Often in the scenarios shared here where folks are not using IE11, a refresh or restart of the browser resolves it. If you find out that your web filtering software was the culprit, let me know, and I'll add that to our team's troubleshooting steps. 

If other folks run into an issue with missing letters outside of Internet Explorer browsers, our Support Team is standing by to take a look at the specifics and work with you to find a solution! Please don't hesitate to reach out - we're here to help. šŸ™‚

Jeff Forrer

Not sure if this will help anyone, I had a similar issue awhile back with t's and f's missing and it was because I had a corrupted font on my system.  If you preview your font on your computer and it comes up blank it is corrupt and needs to be installed. 

See article here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge/edge-and-ie-displaying-times-new-roman-instad-of/c4e2c38e-f80a-4f0a-8270-555d8b376a3b