LMS Scoring 0/100 intermittently

Feb 17, 2016

I'm working on a few assessments in storyline that have been published to Lattitude Learning LMS.   I've had about 40 learners take the assessment and of the 40 learners 6 of them have taken it multiple times and received 0/100.   I even selected all of the correct answers for one student and he still received a 0/100.  Additionally, these learners did not receive any credit in the LMS for anything other than "launching" the course, they did not receive a score at all.  After submitting a ticket to the LMS, they suggested that it was an issue with the course.    I do not even know where to begin, as it is an intermittent issue and does not happen regularly.    Has anyone seen this? help?  Thanks!!

-Kenny

7 Replies
Eric Petersen

I've seen it...  not sure I've ever solved it.  Try this if you go to SCORM Cloud  http://scorm.com/scorm-solved/scorm-cloud-features/ you can create a free account with just enough room for 1 or 2 scorm modules.  Test it there to see if your course works in the official SCORM engine.  If it does then the issue is with the LMS not the course.   If so you may be able to get them to work with SCORM to correct the issue.

Eric Petersen

Oh also look for anything unique or similar with the users that didn't work correctly....  With an LMS it could be anything and cause a tracking issue.  Maybe they have 2 last names, Maybe they were created by hand and not automatically, what ever the similarity it may provide a clue.  My recent issue was caused when users were created automatically, the system added null to the database instead of a blank in their email field...  Some how that messed up tracking in the SCORM engine, I wouldn't have found it if I didn't discover what they had in common.  All of the users were created automatically and unlike the other users that were created automatically these users didn't have an email address...  Once I pointed that out to my LMS they found the null vs blank issue in the database and worked with SCORM to fix the issue.

Christie Pollick

Hi, Kenny -- As Eric shared, testing in the SCORM Cloud is a great way to narrow down where issues may be occurring when it comes to LMS providers and how your course is behaving on them. Here as well is a great article on How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud, and an older blog post on Troubleshooting LMS issues

And, if you would like us to run some testing on our end, please feel free to upload your file! You may do so by using the ADD ATTACHMENT button in the bottom left of the reply box, and you can browse from there. :)

Kenny Smith

Eric/ Christie, Thank you very much for your replies.   I have uploaded it to the SCORM cloud and it seemed to run just fine.  I also have our LMS rep reaching back to the LMS to see if they can figure it out from their end as well.     I am fairly new to Storyline, so I don't easily discount the chance that I made a mistake somewhere.   If you wouldn't mind taking a look at the file, that would be awesome!    This file is set up as a final "assessment" for an instructor led class. 

Christie Pollick

Hi, Kenny -- Many thanks for your patience while I tested your file! As you can see if you click on the link here for how the output is functioning for me in the SCORM Cloud, you will see that I also experienced no odd behavior. Nothing appeared to be awry in your file itself either, so please feel free to update us here when you can with an additional information from your LMS. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.