Multiplayer game in Storyline 360

Apr 28, 2020

I love to challenge myself and a while ago i planned to get a multiuser / multiplayer setup working inside the major rapid authoring tools i work in. That is Lectora and Storyline. In Lectora i already had this approach working, but the more closed environment of Storyline always hindered me. Still does actually, but atm diving deeply into Storyline 360. And so i got the first step working for creating multi-user experiences in Storyline.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/0a99632c-70e6-4b1f-8406-ed4773b41692/review

Here you can see a screencapture of me showing my multi-user setup. Its far from finished, but as you can see it is a working multiuser approach.  Next steps are offcourse testing this on a LMS and giving the user(s) things to do...and then reflecting that to the other user(s).

28 Replies
Math Notermans

Its not a tutorial. Its a complete series. You need to know all ins and outs  of Javascript, how to manage a database, how to read, write and edit data in it. Its complex. And then you have to know all ins and outs of Storyline. As i spent years on experimenting and testing this workflow  i will not share it for free obviously. If you want to pay for it... im open for any suggestions.