New Articulate 360 Feature: Content Library Media

Mar 07, 2017

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released a major expansion to Content Library – your subscription now includes over 1.5 million beautiful photos, illustrations, icons, and videos for use in your Storyline projects!

The catalog covers a wide range of subjects from professional and office environments to people, the natural world, and a range of every day objects. All are royalty free with no attribution required.

Once inserted onto your slide, they behave just like normal images, videos, and shapes, so you can apply effects, re-color them etc. This makes them incredibly flexible and the easiest way to make visually rich, engaging courses.

Check out Arlyn’s video for more info:

And here's the full Content Library Media Documentation.

To get started, just update your 360 Desktop App and then update Storyline 360.

For an overview of everything in the March ’17 update, see our What’s New Page.

Thanks,

Simon

104 Replies
David Kettle

I love having the new content available. I just wanted to feedback some thoughts on the usability.

Currently we can only search for content using the search field, having a browse via categories would be a helpful option to have.

It would also be helpful to be able to see the metadata/tags that a media item has, so that we could search on a similar but different tag and hopefully refine the results.

There's a lot of spare room between the zoom slider and buttons and the insert button at the bottom of the search window where metadata/tags for the selected media could be displayed.

Edit: added screenshot and also to note searching for "All" or "all" in videos certainly doesn't show everything

Kyle Main

Sharon might have a real issue.  When I locate image assets, I've seen the file size say it's 5,000 px width, but when Storyline pulls in larger images it will size them down usually to better fit the stage.

i wonder if the image still has its full size in the software which could slow down things if you had a lot of huge files with 5000px width.

-

This could also enlarge the Storyline file with lots of these huge files.

if videos are oversized from content library too, then this could quickly blow up the story file size.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tom,

Content library is one of the features accessible through an Articulate 360 subscription. It's not something you have access to through Storyline 3 at this point. 

We'd always love to hear your feedback on what things you'd like to see in Articulate products and feel free to submit those as a Feature request here!

Richard Jett

Looking for some insight from the Articulate community.  We currently use Adobe Stock for images, and previously used Shutterstock.  We're considering upgrading from SL2 to 360. 

What are your thoughts on the "over 1.5 million" photos, videos, illustrations, and icons that have been added to the Content Library?  Is there enough variety in the Content Library?  For example, if I search for "business woman isolated", am I going to get a lot of good matches?  Just trying to figure out if we're going to even need Adobe Stock if we upgrade to 360.  

I've been using the free trial of 360, but it does not allow me to view the images that I've searched for.  Instead, I can only see a triangle with an exclamation point in the middle. 

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi again Richard - 

I do want to circle back around and mention that you should be able to see all of those images during your trial. Your firewall may be blocking your access.

If you take a look at this article, there are some items that you can allowlist.

If you need further assistance, you can reach out to our support team here.

David Kettle

I think generic stock libraries such as Adobe/Fotolia, Shutterstock etc will always have more images as they will include a very wide range of subjects. The established libraries will also have a much wider variety as they have had time to build up their collection.

The benefit 360's library brings is that it is tailored towards e-learning, it's just getting started so it won't have the same breadth of content as more established libraries.

The only other e-learning tailored content library I've seen is www.elearningbrothers.com

They have been around for a while so they have things like templates for specific applications including Storyline and Presenter as well as the other big names in e-learning software. They have absolutely loads of cut-out people, the disadvantage is that it will be another cost, as it would be a separate subscription.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.