New in Storyline 360: Integrated Review 360 Comments

Jul 18, 2023

When you need feedback on a course, Review 360 makes it easy to share your e-learning with stakeholders and collect their thoughts. It’s always been a handy timesaver—and integration with Storyline 360 will streamline your review processes even further!

With the new Comments panel, you can browse through feedback, reply to and resolve comments, and quickly update your course with suggestions from your reviewers—all right from Storyline 360. By reducing the need to bounce back and forth between apps, you can speed up your revision process and trim down course production times.

In App Comments

To access comments, first make sure you’ve published your course to Review 360. Then simply expand the Comments panel on the right side of your screen, just under the Triggers panel. To keep the process simple, this panel shows only the comments for the slide you’re viewing.

And if you also use Rise 360, you’ll be happy to hear this feature is available there as well. Head over to the related discussion for more details: New in Rise 360: Integrated Review 360 Comments.

If you’re an Articulate 360 subscriber, you can use this feature right now to speed up your course reviews. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to see how much time integrated reviews can save you, you can start a free 30-day trial.

We’re always looking for ideas for enhancing features. So once you’ve tried in-app comments, we’d love to hear what you think! Please share any feedback or suggestions in the comments below.

The Storyline 360 Team

Pinned Reply
Mike Swart

Based on your feedback, we made an improvement that we hope elevates your in-app comments experience. You can now easily address feedback on a specific course from various stakeholders. View comments for multiple Review 360 items right in Storyline 360 or Rise 360.

Let us know your thoughts about this enhancement. We'd love to hear from you!

83 Replies
Imed Ramdani

Hello, I tried the feature which I really was waiting for. I have a bug.

I published five activities with a new account, someone in my team commented on them, and when I opened the projects in storyline, the comments were shown in the wrong activity.

For example, the comments on activity 1 are shown when I open the project file of activity 2, and the comments on activity 2 are shown when I open the project file of activity 1, they are like mixed. Oh, I forgot to mention that this happens in STORY VIEW tab. And in the slide, no comment is shown.

The activities were published just one time, it was the their first version. Now we are working on them but using old method, I'm reading the comments in the 360 review.

Articulate 360 is installed on my PC, there is no network installation or something special.

Luciana Piazza

Hello Imed,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're running into this snag.

Just to confirm, is everyone on your team using the latest version of Storyline 360? The latest release is Storyline 360 Update 78 (Build 3.78.30680.0). 

If you haven't seen the conversations earlier in the thread, I'd like to double-check the following:

Please let me know if this helps! Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Imed,

Thanks for the additional information. Can I ask if you are able to replicate the behavior using two new Storyline 360 project files? Or is the behavior specific to the two project files that you previously mentioned? 

If the behavior is isolated, please open a case with our support team here and share your project files there so we can take a closer look at what's happening. If all of your files are showing this behavior, I'd recommend doing the repair that my colleague Luciana recommended in her post to see if this helps.

Imed Ramdani

Hi, I created two new projects files to test.

It was like Storyline was keeping the last state, and shows the comments of the last project opened untill it connects to the server and loads all the comments of the currently opend project.

Update : Okay, after I closed articulate and open it again the comments are loaded instantly.

Thus, on my previous projects, "No comments" is shown, even if there are actually lot of comments.

When I add a comment from inside Storyline, it does not appear in the review. It is like the comments section of storyline is not connected with the server in my old porjects.

Theses projects and all future projects are created and will be created from a template that we made months ago. This template is big and we can not recreate it again with the last version of storyline.

I have to ask my superiors if I can create a support ticket and join our template.

Phil Mayor

To make you situation work when you create a new project you need to open the template and do a save as new name and then the identifier will be changed then do not do a save as again. Seeing old comments is likely because you duplicated the file in Windows Explorer so the identifier is the same as the old file. I am hoping this gets easier in future updates

Sent from my iPhone

Rock Hymas

Thanks, Phil, for all your help explaining how review items and project identifiers work. I've written up a separate post to try to clarify further and outline some scenarios where integrated review comments may not behave the way the way you'd expect. We are considering how best to make this behavior obvious and improve the experience going forward. 

Kim Wilkins

I was so excited to see this feature pop up today when I updated my Articulate.  This is going to make things so much easier to manage. 

One thing I thought could also be useful would be having the comments panel accessible when you are in project preview mode in Storyline.  I'm often finding I'm previewing a project and if I find something that needs to be edited, or a broken button or something, I have to go back to edit mode to fix it because I don't want to forget where it was. Then it takes time to load going back to preview mode and I'm starting from the beginning of the project again. (yes - I know I can select which slides to view, but this takes time also when you're going back and forth a lot).  

I also know I can publish the project in Review to add comments, however if the problem is a broken button or trigger, then it's a series of adding comments, going back to Storyline to fix and then republishing, which also isn't very efficient. 

Thanks!

Kim

Timothy Designs

This is a really great feature, and thank you for that. I saw at one point where a future Review 360 Enhancement was going to include the ability to invite reviewers to see all SCORM files/Video in a course and review them all at once, rather than the designer having to provide different links. Do we know when that enhancement will be out? It truly is needed and should be a top priority.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Timothy, 

It's great to hear that you like this newly released feature! Regarding your follow up inquiry, it sounds like you're asking about the new Review 360 "Request Review" feature. You can read more about this here: 

And for a quick glance at which features are currently being worked on, you can check out our product roadmap here!

Timothy Designs

Joe,

No, you missed the point.

In Review 360, you currently have to send a link for each module to be reviewed in a course. You did have advertised, that a future Articulate enhancement was going to allow us to send one link for all pieces of the course to be reviewed in one place. Now, I do not see that as a planned future enhancement. I was asking if it was going to be available soon.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for the clarification. Our product roadmap lists all of the new features that have been announced and are currently in development. Since the feature your are inquiring about is not included there, there's a chance that the feature might not be available soon.

Just to be sure, would you mind sharing where you saw this announcement so I can double check for you?

Amanda Clapp

First of all, I LOVE this new feature! Such a time saver, when it works....

I just had an issue with it - I was editing a course in SL that I had previously published to Review 360. I was working away and able to see the comments perfectly. But then I clicked the 'collapse' arrow for the comments window, just so I could focus on my triggers more easily, and the entire comments window disappeared and I cannot get it back.

I've tried closing my SL file and reopening it again, but no luck. Ever since I collapsed the comments window, the whole thing has disappeared and I cannot get it back.

Anyone else having this issue, or know how to get it back?

Véronique Collet

I really love this new feature and already work with it.
I like the possibility of showing / not showing resolved comments. I select "not showing resolved" while in the process of correcting, it's a great help to check what still remains to be done.

When I select "showing resolved", it is for instance to help discussion with Reviewers and explain what has be done (feedback on the feedback!) or to remember what was the issue. I regret, therefore, that the comment is not fully displayed but only the name of reviewer.

Véronique Collet

In this new Review feature, it is possible to reply directly under a comment, which is great.

If the stakeholder is an Articulate 360 subscriber, he can set the frequency of email notifications for comments in his profile.
But if the stakeholder is not Articulate 360 subscriber, each reply to a comment will generate a distinct mail. I am afraid of sending too many emails to my reviewer.

It could be nice to avoid sending emails by keeping the comments and reply in the App only (to have a kind of 'general mute' button) or to be able to choose on a case-by-case basis if email is necessary.