Printing results from Storyline 360

Apr 06, 2017

Hi I have tried printing the results slide from storyline 360. I have tried it on Internet Explorer, Nightly and Chrome browsers. I have also tried it Articulate 360 online. It asks for name but when click on print results button nothing  happens

26 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Robert, sorry your print results button is giving you issues! 

My first thought is if you're testing the published content locally, the print result button won't work. We are aware of an issue where the print result button opens a blank tab in Articulate 360, so instead, try uploading your published content to a web server or LMS before you test it. An easy way to test is to publish for Web and upload the published zip file to Tempshare. 

Also, we've found that the print result button is generating a blank report in Internet Explorer 11, so I'd stick with the Chrome browser for testing. 

Give that a try, and let me know if you see an improvement!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for that update, Robert. Would you be able to share your file with us so we can take a closer look? You can share it privately by clicking here, we'll test it to determine what's going on, and you'll hear back from one of the Support Engineers shortly thereafter.

Also, please be sure to share your case number with me so I can follow along and share updates here. :)

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Robert,

I took a peek into your case this morning, and it looks like Abel found that the issue you're seeing is related to tracking an essay survey slide in HTML5 (this isn't happening in Flash). He has logged this issue as a possible software bug, and here's how we're tackling it. As a workaround for now, you'll want to use short answer survey question slides instead of essay survey slides.

Thanks again for making us aware of this issue, and I'm sorry if it's slowing you down. We'll be sure to notify you as soon as we have an update!

Richard Comerford

The print results of a quiz does not work.....Some interstate users do not have access to our LMS so I thought of sending a link via 360.  They also want the option to print results of the quiz.

This feature works if publishing to the web and sharing on our SharePoint intranet but if other users do not access the intranet I published to 360 and sent the link.  The module and quiz work, but after clicking the print results screen, they get a blank screen.  Is this another setting in Chrome?

Published 360 link doesn't work at all in IE.

thanks

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Richard,

I'm sorry some of your users are running into this--I know that's got to be aggravating. We're tackling an issue in Storyline 360 where the Print Result button doesn't work properly in Articulate 360. Like you said, clicking the button will produce a blank new tab. 

I'll be sure to add your experience to that report, and we'll let you know as soon as we have more information on it. 

You also mentioned the Articulate 360 link doesn't work at all in Internet Explorer. What version of IE are you using? Articulate 360 supports IE11 for both Flash and HTML5, so I wouldn't expect you to have any issues with that browser.

Mary-Lynne Snedden

Wow. This is too bad. I just spent over 800 CAN to upgrade to 360 specifically to be able to use the Print Results button in HTML5 as it states in your comparison chart.  Should the chart have said 'Coming soon'?

Current versions of Chrome and Firefox will no longer automatically load Flash, and revert to the html5 file where present. It is known that if published in SL2, the Print Results button doesn't work in HTML5. In 360, it specifically states that it works in html5. I've now published several files and none of the Print Results buttons work.  The last one is a bare bones file. One question - one result slide. I've tested in Chrome ver 58.0.3029.96 (64-bit),  FF ver 53.0 (32-bit), IE ver 11.0.9600.18204.

Can you send me a source file and an online example of it working for me to model after? It would save time to be able to see a working example. 

Thanks a bunch,

Mary-Lynne

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Mary-Lynne,

I apologize for the confusion! It sounds like you've spent quite a bit of time testing this already, and I'm really glad you reached out. You are correct--the Storyline 360 Print Results button does work in HTML5. Here's a link to a sample file for you to test, and I also attached the original file here. Take a Peek at my testing in Chrome v58.

We are tackling a couple of issues with the Print Result button, and you may have seen these come up in your testing. Specifically we're seeing issues in...

• HTML5 in Internet Explorer 11 
  • Articulate Review (all browsers)

Give my sample file a test in the latest versions of Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, and let me know how you make out. I'll be standing by!

Mary-Lynne Snedden

Hi Alyssa

I published and uploaded your test file successfully. I added a 2nd true/false question to your story file and also published it successfully. However, I added an essay question to your file, published and the Print Results does not work.

By the way - the testing results were the same in Chrome, FireFox and IE.

Could you create a story file with a working essay question with print results that I could use as an exemplar?

Thank you

Mary-Lynne

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Mary-Lynne,

Thanks for those details, and I'm glad to hear that the test file worked for you in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

It looks like the essay question is causing issues with the Print Result button in HTML5. I appreciate you bringing this up, and I'll be sure to take this to my team. In the meantime, would a Short Answer survey question work for your needs?

Linda Miller

Your test did not work for me, either in the link provided or when I downloaded the file and published it myself.

I have the latest version of IE11, literally installed yesterday. Please keep us posted on this; we are a GMP organization and our training records are in a validated system, but printing is a necessary back up if the system ever goes down.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Linda,

Thanks for chiming in! If your file includes an Essay question, the Print Result button will not work. If you're able, use a Short Answer question instead. 

If you don't have an essay question in your course, the Print Result button should work in IE11. 

I'll certainly post updates in this thread as we get more information, and you'll be notified immediately since you're now subscribed.

Jeannette Westbrook

I haven't been able to get the print results button to work either.  It works with courses that were previously developed, but not with courses I've created from Storyline 360.  I've tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer.  This is highly important for our site and apparently many others.  I would think that this should be getting a lot of effort to correct with so many reporting the problem.

Mary-Lynne Snedden

Hello Alyssa

This issue (essay question breaking print results function) was posted 2 months ago and it hasn't yet been resolved. I've just completed a 10 module project where all modules rely on essay questions for assessment. They have had to start running the course with a button that doesn't work. Can you give me an eta for the solution?

Mary-Lynne

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all, 

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how we fixed an issue where the Print Results button wouldn't work in HTML5 output when the quiz included an essay question.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.