Problems Saving Files In Articulate 360

Apr 16, 2019

Greetings:

I recently began having problems with saving files in Articulate 360. Every time I save a file, I receive the following message error: "GDI+ could not load image from file. Cache count 72. Total undisposed cash objects: 72." I've attached the picture of the error warning. This seems to be happening on all my files. Is there a reason for this? Please help. (Correction. This appears to be happening only on two files so far. I'm reluctant to try opening and saving other files for fear of corrupting them.)
Thank you,
Rod Machado

7 Replies
Rod Machado

Greetings Matthew:

Yes, it does. It's a very strange problem. I tried rebuilding each of the two files, even copying and pasting the slides from the old file to the new file. No success. I was able to find a workaround by taking my original SL2 files, making corrections in them, then opening them in A360. Strangely but happily, when you upgrade a file from SL2 to A360, the software automatically saves the new file in A360 and saves the SL2 file as a backup. So the work-around is a run-around. I've not had this type of issue before so I'm at a loss on how to troubleshoot. I will do as you suggest, too.

Thank you,
Rod

Melissa Mendez

I have had the same issue! Not matter how many times I try to import into a new SL360 file, after so many slides, I get the error.

I will have to try going back ti the SL2 file and see if I can't work from there. 

I sent the file to Articulate and was advised to import into a new file. Which is works, but again, after so many slides/saves, I receive the same error. 

Rod Machado

Greetings Melissa:

I've done several experiments to try and figure this out. I removed every single slide and quiz from the file, leaving a single blank slide and the problem remained the same. I tried reimporting all the scenes into a different file with a different file name and the problem remained the same. I removed all the quizzes...same results. I removed all the sliders and quizzes from the file...same results. Very peculiar. I'll have to contact tech support and ask them about this. So far, this is only happening on two files.

Rod

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rod, thanks for sending your file to Lea. I'll follow along in your case and share updates in this discussion as they're available.

Melissa, we'd love to investigate this with you, too. You can reach out to our Support Engineers by clicking here. If you can attach one of the troublesome files to that form, that would be even better. Thanks!

Alyssa Gomez

Hey, folks!

We just released another update of Storyline 360. That release includes a fix for the issue where you would see a “The project file could not be saved. GDI+ could not load image from file” error when saving a file.

To take advantage of this fix, follow these steps to update your software. Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.