Resume sate not saved properly- to use SCORM 2004 or SCORM 1.2

We had published a course in SCORM 1.2 for our client, who are using Totara as their LMS. But there were issues with the SCORM package that the resume state was not saved properly. I could regenerate the issue in SCORM cloud. 

So I published the course with SCORM 2004 (3rd edition) with greater suspend data limit and then it worked fine in SCORM cloud. 

Before updating the version of SCORM in Totara, I checked if LMS supports SCORM 2004. 

I got the following reply:

Totara fully supports the AICC and SCORM 1.2 specification. It also
supports the SCORM 2004 specification, with the exception of these
extensions:
 - Content Aggregation Model
- The Run-Time Environment

- Sequencing and Navigation

How can I check if the SCORM 2004 package  from SL will be supported by Totara or not? Are these extensions part of SCORM 2004 from SL?

Thanks,

Vaishali

4 Replies
Dan Marsden

Totara's SCORM player is pretty much exactly the same as the one in Moodle - sounds like you're running into the suspend data limits imposed by the SCORM spec - you can turn this off in Moodle/Totara for SCORM 1.2 packages by going to admin > plugins > SCORM

more info here:https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/SCORM_settings#Other_Important_Settings

(same place in Totara)

Into Lead

Hello Dan, 

I checked from LMS and the setting was already disabled for Suspend data limits. Still the error persists. But when I published the course with SCORM 2004(3rd ed), it works perfectly in scorm cloud. The only thing is that I don't know if I should publish it in Totara or not.

How do we know if we are implementing the advanced areas like sequencing and navigation from SCORM 2004? 

Thanks,

Vaishali