Sliders

Feb 21, 2016

Hi, please help.

I'm trying to use sliders to make an image get bigger and smaller.

Does any one know of any tutorials, demo files or instructions?

Thanks

6 Replies
Nick S

Hi Claire , Welcome to the community!  Are you trying to set a slider to just resize the overall dimensions of your images with one size for each step?  There may be a few ways achieve this behavior but one idea is to use multiple states of the image for each size on the slider path.  

With this process you would set multiple states (one for each image size) then also set a trigger to display each state when a particular step of the slider is hit.  I attached a .story file with this idea.

Let me know if this is what you're looking to do.  Some of the other members may chime in with other option also.

I found this link from a previous community challenge that has a lot of great image/slider ideas also that may help.

Good luck with your projects!

Claire Spiret

Hi,

Thank you very much for your examples!

This was exactly my thinking, the only other thing I was trying to do was to move it across the screen too.

This may be a step too far! But here is my attempt. (It's in the carat layer)

I just can't get the diamond image to fit on the slider, even when I adjust the size of the states.

Any ideas to make this smoother would be appreciated, thanks for your help!

Claire

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.