States

Nov 11, 2014

I have a slide with a number of text boxes that have triggers which jump to different scenes.  I want the text box to be ticked when the user returns.  I have entered a state with a tick using 'visited' but sometimes the slide with the text is ticking sometimes straight away and other times on return.  I want it to only be on return, certainly not variations in the slide which is what is happening at the moment.  How do I rectifiy this please.   

7 Replies
Tracy Parish

It sounds like you might have the state changing and then the jump to the slide.

You can fix this a few different ways,b ut it depends on how you have laid the course.  You can create T/F variables for each scene and when they get to the end of the scene set the variable to be TRUE, when the get back to the text boxes that jump them to the scenes you have another trigger that is basically

Change textbox to "visited" if Variable X is = True when timeline starts.

Sometimes I also find that creating my own states work in ways I aniticipate better then using the visited.  So I'll create one that I label done, or finished, or ticked.

Happy to take a look at your .story if you feel comfortable sharing.

Gaye Charlton

Hi Emily,

Please find attached my file, due to the size of the file I have had to cut it up a bit, so some of the text boxes on the slide do not have links anymore, this should not affect though you seeing what happens with the ticks.

File Process, Messages and Message Count out of sequence, all work as I want them to. The others all tick straight away. I hope the file is enough to ascertain the problem.

Kind regards

Gaye

Emily Ruby

Hello Gaye!

There is still no file attached. If you are hitting the reply button in the email you are receiving for this reply, it will post your email signature and the above disclaimer on the threads. You can edit your post to remove these.

you need to use the Add Attachment button below where you type your replies here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.