Storlyline 2 to 360 Transition: Buggy Animations on Scroll Panels.

Jan 10, 2017

On Storyline 2 you could animate a scrolling panel with a wipe from bottom animation, on 360 however this has been broken (see example file)

Weirdly the exact same animations bug differently depending on whether they are on the base layer or a second layer.

This is a problem for us as we use this regularly for transcripts.

Edit:

Tested with publishing to articulate review....This is a Storyline HTML5 issue.

'Current Version' is HTML 5 and 'Version 1' is Flash Only.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/e8538749-05e2-4703-ae12-90b3fc0d0a24/review

Edit 2: 

This kind of bug happens on all of the following animations:

Split, Wipe, Shape, Wheel & Random Bars.

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there James,

Thanks for reaching out and adding those updates. Were you viewing the published HTML5 content with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge? HTML5 support in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge is lagging behind other major browsers. For example, they don’t support "masking" animations in HTML5 content. You can read more about the affected animations and slide transitions here

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again James!

I wanted to let you know I tested your file in a few different browsers and found that it's not limited to IE and Microsoft Edge, since I also saw strange behavior in Chrome and Safari. It seems that the issues you're seeing are related to using masking animations on scrolling panels. I'm going to share your experience with our Quality Assurance team, and I’ll be sure to post any updates here in this discussion.  You’ll receive an email notification because you are now subscribed to this post. :)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi James,

Just a quick note that the update of Storyline 360 released today fixes the issue where the HTML5 output had animations that were broken when applied to a shape with image in its Normal state.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline to take advantage of that! Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lisa,

Yes, an earlier update fixed the issue mentioned, but it's also worth noting that some browsers won't use the wipe animation.  Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge don't support masking animations in HTML5 output. As a result, some Storyline 360/Storyline 3 animations and transitions won't work in these browsers or in CD-published output.  You can read a bit more about this here. 

If you're using another browser and it's still not working, can we take a look at your .story file? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi James,

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where:

• Wipe entrance animation on scrolling panel is not rendering correctly when viewed with HTML5

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.