Storyline 360 and IE 11 Issue

Aug 29, 2017

We are having some discussion with a client regarding the fact that a Storyline 360 produced course is not launching correctly on their platform with IE 11. It works fine with other browsers including Chrome. We have also tested it on ScormCloud and it works fine with all browsers. So we know it's an issue specifically related to IE and their platform "policies". 

They sent us these screenshots (below) of the error they are receiving with instructions that we are to "change the code to be compatible with IE7". As I'm not a coder, I don't know what to make of this. Does anyone have ideas or thoughts? Thanks for any light you can shed.

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Scott! We actually released an update for Storyline 360 today that included a fix for the Flash output not playing in Internet Explorer with Compatibility View enabled. Have you had a chance to update your software yet?

If not, follow these instructions, then republish your file to take advantage of the bug fix. Let me know if that solves the issue! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Cindy,

I can only find one other time where I see this issue mentioned in the forums, and it was quite a while back as you can see here.

• Is this an issue that you are able to replicate in Internet Explorer?
  • How is the content being published/shared with the client?
  • What version of Internet Explorer are they using?

If you have a .story file you'd like us to take a look at, feel free to share.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sean,

I have not seen an update from either of the users above.

It looks like the original issue reported was specific to IE in a particular environment that was not able to be replicated when uploading to SCORM Cloud.

Is that what you are experiencing as well?

Are you on the latest update to Storyline 360, which is now Update 20?

Are you getting an error message?

If you're able to replicate in SCORM Cloud, we want to take a look at your .story file.

Sean Jackson

I am on 3.196600.0  I will get the latest update and try again.  But, it is in SCORM Cloud and it is crashing in IE11.  This is the IE crash info I'm getting:

Application Name:                             IEXPLORE.EXE

Application Version:                           11.0.9600.19130

Application Timestamp:                     5b7f178a

Fault Module Name:                          MSHTML.dll

Fault Module Version:                       11.0.9600.19130

Fault Module Timestamp:                 5b7f2649

Exception Code:                                  c0000005

Exception Offset:                                000ad15d

OS Version:                                          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:             1033

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.