58 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Alain,

Thanks for sharing that video and the troubleshooting steps you took to try and fix the issue. Unfortunately, the video seems partly cut off, and I wasn't able to see what was happening.

No worries though, as I've opened a case on your behalf to connect you with a support engineer to provide some tailored help! Be on the lookout for a reply soon!

Jan Watkins

I see that it is 3 years later and it is still not possible to copy and paste notes from one slide to another without Storyline crashing.  I've had to pull up Microsoft Word to copy and paste and it works fine.  However, it would be nice to not have to do this.  My template changes in areas where it isn't possible to just import the corrected slide.  Has any progress been made in this area in the past three years.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Jan!

Sorry, this is affecting your project! I can see how frustrating that would be.

It sounds like this is only happening when copying the notes from one slide to another. Does an error message appear after pasting the text in another notes field? Or does Storyline close without any error message?

It would be helpful also to know if this is happening in every project or just one. I want our Support Engineers to work with you 1:1 to understand what might be occurring behind the scenes. Please use this link to connect with a Support Engineer.

I'll look for the case and make sure to follow along to see what the fix is!

Ren Gomez

Hi Angela,

That doesn't sound right! I would first check to ensure your files are saved locally, as working from a network drive can cause issues such as lagging and corruption.

repair of Storyline may also get you moving in the right direction, but if none of these tips help, connect with a support engineer, and they'll lend you a hand!

Submit a case.
Joyce Maurin

Hi Angela,

Sometimes all I do is re-import my .story in a brand new .story and most of the times this fixes the issues. It's annoying and time-consuming but it "works" in the emergency.

And if this does not work, the support team behind the "submit a case" link will do everything they could to help you if you send them your project file.