Storyline 360 File Won't Convert to MP4

Dec 21, 2018

I have a storyline file that includes several recorded slides and lots of audio clips.  I have tried to publish it to MP4 several times.  It just wont work.  It seems to be a bug with Storyline 360. Is there a workaround or solution?

I tried uploading the storyline 360 file to this discussion twice yesterday, I kept getting an error.  

Any suggestions. 

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chris,

How many audio files do you think there are? 

We found an issue where a project with more than 32 audio clips won't publish to video. We're working on a fix for it now. Until it's ready, you'll need to reduce the number of audio clips to successfully publish to video. Here are some suggestions: 

• If there are multiple audio tracks on the same slide, you might be able to combine them into a single audio track using the built-in audio editor. 

• If you used mouse cursor objects in step-by-step screen recordings, turn off the click sounds for cursor objects. Each click sound counts as an audio clip. 

• Consider splitting the project into smaller modules and publishing a series of videos. 

I'll let you know as soon as we release a software update that fixes the issue! 

Alyssa Gomez

I've got an update for you, Chris! We fixed the issue you reported where publishing to video would fail if your project contains more than 32 audio clips. 

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I’ll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.