Storyline 360 issues

Mar 06, 2018

Anyone else having troubles with Storyline crashing? Lately I have had issues saving and/or trying to publish and even preview files. It seems to just freeze up and stop working. I then have to force the program to quit running and lose anything I was working on until that point.

For awhile I was assuming it was because the files might be too large, but it now seems it doesn't matter what size. I have had my IS team verify I have significant available memory on the hard drive, but since it continues to happen I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.

17 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Karyn,

Sorry to hear you're having random freezes with Storyline 360.

Try checking here for some steps you can use to try and fix any random behavior or errors. Also, is it possible that you’re working from somewhere other than your local C: drive?  Working from a network drive or a USB drive can cause a few different problems, and you can read more about that here.

You can also check if your computer fits the minimum System Requirments. If you still have questions or trouble you can contact the support team

Jeremie Leverich

I am also having the same issue.

Another issue I have recently started having is: I will be working in a project (not more than 45 slides and the time is under 10 minutes), I will make a change (change the layout) to a slide, only to find my file has been reverted to anywhere from 5-30 minutes prior to the current time. Not keeping my changes. Also I am working off of my desktop.

Anyone else? Bueller...Bueller? 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Jeremie.  I'm sorry you're hitting performance issues with Storyline 360.  Investigating this issue has been a high priority for our team.

I'm going to create a support case for you to communicate with our engineers about your particular setup.  You'll receive an email from support@articulate.com soon.  Thanks for letting us know here!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Karyn! I took a peek into your case, and I see that you were able to successfully publish after clearing your temp files. 

In regards to the issue you were seeing where the file identifier field was not saving with the text you entered, our team is looking into that bug as we speak. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update on that!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Karyn, it's me again! 👋

I also wanted to mention that we released a fix for an issue where Storyline could become sluggish or display a low memory error, especially after several hours of use. Since that sounds similar to what you were experiencing, I wanted to let you know we found a memory leak and fixed the problem. 

You can take advantage of that fix by updating your software to the latest version

Katie Riggio

Hey, Karyn! Katie here now ☺️

I wanted to circle back here to let you know that we just released another update for Articulate 360, and you can check out the new features and fixes in the release notes here!

One of the fixes addresses an issue in Storyline 360 where: when publishing an LMS course, changes made to the reporting options (identifier, reporting status, etc.) would not always save.

Simply launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click on Storyline's Update button. Details here!

Let us know if you have any questions — either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly!

Katie Riggio

Thanks for keeping us posted, Bruce! I saw you posted here a while back, so I'm really sorry you're running into a performance issue again. I located your case and am sharing your latest update with Gren.

Appreciate your update, Karyn! Happy to hear you see improvements, but let's try to get that closing issue sorted. I shared your latest comment with Eloisa in your new case.

Our team would love to get you both some help, and will try to identify what's going on. Expect a reply with some next steps as soon as possible. Thanks again for continuing to reach out – I'll follow both cases as well!

Vincent Scoma

Hi Arpana,

Happy to help! 

It sounds like you are experiencing a different issue here, so let's start fresh! A couple of question for you on this: 

• Based on the screenshot, is there supposed to be a scrolling panel on the text entry box? 
  • Also, I am not quite sure I am catching the hidden layers issue. Are there layers appearing when they aren't supposed to?

If you are able to share your file with us, we're always more than happy to help! You can share files in this thread or you’re always welcome to share them privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.