Storyline 360 > Modern Player > Fonts Size in Notes Panel and Closed Captioning

Jul 30, 2018

We use CC and/or Notes panel for multi-language support. Some languages display at a much smaller pt size than English. Chinese uses special characters, which  "do not constitute an alphabet or a compact syllabary". The font sizes in CC fields and Notes panel are too small to properly view the characters.

There are three issues here, ability to customize attributes in the Modern Player, ability to customize closed captioning attributes and caption placement,  and a viable workaround solution to our problem. 

We really would like to to use the Modern player, but the font issue may force us to look at other tools.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Pinned Reply
Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 86 (Build 3.86.32028.0).

Included in this release we have two new features:

All you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

15 Replies
Jennifer Wagner

I am able to increase the font size of text in the Notes panel from the Home tab, just like any other text. You can also increase the font size in the Player by going to Colors & Effects and increasing the percentage, but this only increases the Menu.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change the size of closed captions either. An alternative is to create your own captions, like what was required in Storyline 1: https://articulate.com/support/article/how-to-create-closed-captioning-in-storyline

Emerson Collins

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for your response.

Increasing the Font using the Player is universal, it changes the fonts in the player menu, as well as in the display field.

However, just completed a project using a different tool, and I forgot that, in Storyline, if you change the fonts in the Notes panel (outside of the Player), it will override the Player fonts. Just not sure how consistent it displays on the Big 3 browsers. And, the fonts will need to be increased per slide. Just tested it using the Modern player and the fonts are larger in the Notes panel.

A major drawback is, SS360 does not allow for separate Notes fields per layer, which is not preferable but still maybe acceptable.  Then, there is the very limited Closed Captioning.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to see in the software.

Both of these feature requests are being tracked by our team. This conversation is attached so that we can share updates with you here.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360 and included some new features a few important fixes you'll see in the release notes.

The item you'll be interested in is:

New: Make closed captions easier to read. Increase the captions font size up to 200% in the modern player.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

Good news! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

Luciana Piazza

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to share that we have released Storyline 360 version 86 (Build 3.86.32028.0).

Included in this release we have two new features:

All you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!