Storyline 360 Player buttons appearing after re-visiting a Learning Check

Feb 13, 2019

Hi everyone, 

I'm building a piece which includes a 'main menu'. Learners can navigate to 5 separate topics. I have completely disabled 'player buttons' so learners can only navigate with custom buttons. There are two learning checks which include a 'Try Again' layer, an 'Incorrect' layer and a 'Correct' layer. Ive set the question attempts to 2, the slide resumes saved state.

When completing the Learning Check the first time, all layers display as planned and all custom buttons work as intended. However, if I return to the main menu and return back to the learning check for another attempt, it saves the resumed state as intended (which is fine with me) however the 'player buttons' randomly appear (both forward & back). If a learner clicks these, they actually work. 

Looking at that Learning Check slide, I have unchecked all the slide navigation and gestures - can someone explain where they are coming from?

8 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Mark

when you return to a quiz slide SL thinks you are doing a review so adds the nav buttons so the user can move away from the slide.  

Set triggers either on the master quiz slide or if you only have a couple on the individual slide to:

Change state of next button to hidden when timeline starts, change state of prev button to hidden when timeline starts.

Mark Mitrione

Hi Wendy, 

I also forgot to mention that in the Form view, I have manually changed the 'Branch to the following' field as 'None'. This was applied for both correct, incorrect and try again layers, but this didnt work. 

I have just updated the Feedback Master clean, correct, incorrect and try again layers with slide triggers to 'change state of the next button to hidden when timeline starts and same for previous button. 

The player next buttons are still appearing when revisiting the learning check.

Wendy Farmer
Mark Mitrione

have just updated the Feedback Master clean, correct, incorrect and try again layers

The triggers need to be on the base layer of the slide, so on the quiz slide master ( or the layout you are using) not the feedback masters.

If that still doesn't work - can you share the file and I'll take a look

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.