Storyline 360: Unpredictable/Inconsistent Testing Issues

May 23, 2023

Both a colleague and I have built Storyline 360 courses recently and launched them out to our company - and we both came across an incredibly confusing issue. 

When we both tested our courses on our computers (we have a dell and a macbook) they run seamlessly. However, when we send them out to others for testing, we'll get feedback that people are missing audio, they get stuck on slides and can't progress forward, buttons don't work, etc. Note that it's not everyone - it's a random group of people every time. (Last time about 400+ out of our 3200 employees got completely stuck).

We've tried everything from narrowing down which browser to use, clearing caches, updating google chrome (our company solely uses chrome), etc and there is no consistent trend in troubleshooting. It's just... random.

We are exporting the SCORM 1.2 version and our LMS is Continu.

Are we missing something here? Has anyone else had this issue before? Please help!

:,(

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Caleb,

Happy to help!

Since the behavior isn't consistent for all of the learners who have taken your course, there's a chance that the issue is with your LMS. One way to test is to see how your course behaves in a different LMS, and SCORM Cloud is the best tool for this. Here's a guide on how to test your course in SCORM Cloud:

Once you've uploaded your course, ask any of the 400+ employees to test your course and see if they are still able to observe the behavior. 

If they are able to observe similar issues with the SCORM Cloud hosted course, open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. If the issue is specific to your LMS, please contact your LMS support team to have them look at the behavior. Here's how to enable the LMS debug mode for your course if you'd like to know more about what your course last communicated to the LMS before the reported issue appears: 

Caleb Messner

Thank you so much! I should mention too that the issues happen outside of our LMS as well. In this most recent case where I launched a training for testing, I was only using the Articulate review tool, I hadn't uploaded it into Continu yet. 

This is super helpful though, thank you and I will look into all this when I move my course into my LMS!